Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Is this the longest stretch ever?

Today is June 5, so this may very well be the longest stretch without a blog.

I have now learned to use the iPhoto album thing to make and share photos.  I can even put captions in to it.  What I can't do is share them on this blog.  That is so frustrating to me, so that is the main reason I haven't written a blog.  Evey taught me how to do the iPhoto album program when we were together around the Mother's Day Weekend trip.  Now I'm hoping she can teach me the Google photo album program when we go visit her in August.  Since this blog is a Google product, I'm hoping those two will be compatible with each other.

Weight-wise, of course I gained weight on the three weeks up north.  I gained five pounds to be exact, but I lost them in two days after we returned.  Then I gained them back in one day, and now two days later, I have lost them again.  Ridiculous.  I am 280 this morning.

We are going to go to the Crayola Experience at Florida Mall this afternoon with the Goldbergs.  Then we will go to Millennia Mall to walk around and check it out just because we've never been there and it's supposed to be very pretty.  The day will end up with dinner at Bahama Breeze.  We chose that because we had bought a big gift card to go there to take Lowell and Emily out to dinner in Maryland.  Unfortuntately, there are no more Bahama Breeze restaurants in Maryland.  Well, at least we have a big gift card to use tonight.

I suspect my weight will be back up a few more pounds tomorrow. Then we are eating out at Medieval Times with the Goldbergs and Sterns tomorrow night.  That's life in Solivita!  LOL  At least Mark and I have pre-ordered the vegetarian menu, so maybe that's a little less calories.

Since I wrote last, we had the following excellent experiences:
1. Fabulous Shavuot holiday for three days with good friends the Oreskys and Rosens.  It included dinner with Rabbi Emeritus Jonathan and his wife Mona, hanging out with their son Reuben, wonderful times at Mishkan Torah.  Mark's favorite is to stay up all night for the study sessions and to lead the Torah Trivia Contest.  It was an especially good contest this year!

2.  Unbelievably beautiful wedding of Rabbi Saul and Phyllis's daughter Rachel to Darren in Wilmington.  It was a magical time, also full of friends we rarely see anymore.

3.  Great train trip up and back to Maryland.  Love the auto train.

4.  Bought a brand new king sized bed just yesterday.  It should be delivered in about three weeks.  It's a Serta Whispering something....lol.  Anyway it felt good in the store.  I hope I'm right when it's here.  Our old sleep number bed is 18 years old now, so I think we got our money's worth out of it.

5.  We are in the process of getting a new microwave oven.  We looked at a lot in person at Lowe's and Best Buy last week, and then Mark tried to order the same one from BJs online.  That didn't work for some reason.  More research shows it might be best to go get it at Home Depot. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow morning and have it installed next week.

6.  Played a lot of Mah Jongg both in Maryland and in Florida.  Not winning a lot, but having fun anyway.

7.  Had our "usual" Sunday with a movie (Solo) at Disney Springs and a WDW park, this time Animal Kingdom.  We wanted to see the new UP! Bird Show, the new Donald's Dino-Bash characters and dance party, and the baby hippos on the safari ride.  It all worked except for the babies.  They were nowhere to be seen.  Sigh.

8.  Attended two outstanding opera events.  First was Star Trek:Abduction by Opera Orlando.  Unbelievably FUN.  We wore our old uniforms.  It was Mozart's Abduction from the Seraglio set in the Star Trek universe.  Too fun!  Then I attended the Orlando Voice Experience at WDW's Coronado Springs Convention Center led by the very famous retired baritone, Sherrill Milnes.  12 students sang solos, duets, and ensembles.  I was grinning the entire time because the music and the voices were just exquisite.  The wine and cheese reception afterward allowed me to speak with all of the singers and congratulate them.  Turns out one of the best is from Baltimore and went to Morgan State.  She knows one of my former students who became a choral director, too.  Small world, right? Now we're Facebook friends.  LOL

Of course there are pictures of most of all of these fabulous events, but I cannot share them with you here.  I haven't given up yet.  I'm now putting all my hopes on the Google photo album program.

Off to water aerobics now for the first time in probably a YEAR.  I KNOW!  Hard to believe.  I hope I can still do it.  LOL  At least the calories expended in 45 minutes of water aerobics should help with the calories I will consume later at Bahama Breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment