Monday, February 26, 2018

NARFE District 3 Meeting Today

A few months ago, Mark was invited to give two presentations at the District 6 NARFE meeting.  It went very, very well.  Today he is doing the same thing up in Leesburg, FL for District 3.  It's about a 90 minute drive, so not worse than the other one, maybe a little closer even.

Yesterday went well.  I went out to the theater and the trivia game and survived.  In fact, our team, which we named The Whole Megillah in honor of Purim coming tomorrow night, WON!  We got 24 out of 26 answers correct.  YAY for us.  Each couple won a triple candle set, similar to one I gave Evey years ago.  I probably will just save it to give away next year at the Chapter 1224 White Elephant sale.  It will be a nice gift.  The play was funnier and weirder than we expected.  It certainly had us laughing in amusement and groaning in horror sometimes.  Not the usual type of show we go to, but we were glad we went.

The best thing about yesterday was that I endured.  I did not get too tired to do everything I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, the sore throat is still raging and making it hard to swallow.  I have taken 3 out of the 5 doses of antibiotic, so I'm hoping it all kicks in soon.  Today and tomorrow are the last two pills.  If I'm not great when I get up Thursday morning, I'm going to call the doctor again.

On the plus side, still eating at home and eating less, I have now dropped all of the 9 pounds that I gained while away PLUS two more!  I'm now two pounds LESS than when we left on Feb. 1.  I am excited for that, but today we are eating lunch out, and tomorrow we are eating dinner at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. Frequently, once eating too much at certain meals just sets me off into a binge-eating episode that can last for weeks.  Intellectually,  I do know this to be true, but it is just SO HARD to stop it.  It's really better to prevent it by not eating out, but as a retiree in Florida, that is virtually impossible.  HAHAHA!!  Anyone who has read my blog for awhile knows that's the truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment