Saturday, March 24, 2018

Wonderful play today.

We just got back from seeing Tennessee Walk at the Garden Theater in Winter Haven today.   We didn't know anything about this play when we left today, but on our way home we decide it was one of the best plays we have ever seen, at the Garden Theater or anywhere else.  If it ever shows up in a theater near you, I strongly recommend that you go.  The sets, the acting ensemble, the storyline are all outstanding.

This morning my weight was 273.4, so that's another pound or so down.  I didn't really try hard, but I also did not binge eat anything the last few days.  Just eating normally, without any meals out or high sodium snacks, makes a huge difference.

This evening we are going to watch two Disney movies on the TV, My Father the Hero with Katherine Heigel in her first starring role when she was only 16, and then Blank Check, a silly comedy that I've seen before.  We are looking forward to a relaxing evening at home.

Tomorrow we will do our laundry in the morning at the Cove because we still have two weeks before the washing machine repair man is coming.  I think I forgot to mention yesterday that a week ago Mark put the laundry in the machine on Sunday afternoon.  It filled with water and died.  I had to hand wring out the clothes, which he then took to the laundromat at the Cove to finish washing.  We called the repairman the next day, but he cannot come until April 9, so we have some time to go.  Fortunately, he can bring it home to dry.

After doing laundry, we are heading up to downtown Orlando to see Waitress at the Dr. Phillips Center followed by dinner at a Thai restaurant in Celebration with Susie and Ed.  Sounds like another great day!

I also forgot to mention yesterday that last Monday I finally participated in a Mah Jongg tournament. I've played for about 20 years, but I never went to a tournament.  In Solivita, the Hadassah chapter sponsors one each year.  This was the first time that we've lived here that I either wanted to go or was in town when it happened.  We played 12 games with lunch at the first 8.  It was the first time I play for points.  There were 19 tables of four people playing, 76 ladies, and I came in FOURTH.  The top four scores were 350 (my friend Judi), 310, 300, and me at 290.  I was darn proud of myself.  There's no prize for anyone except first, but I was very excited to see how well I did.

Last night we went to see the best Elton John tribute band in the world.  They are called Rocketman.  The man playing Elton John was truly remarkable.  In fact, he has caught the eye and ear of Elton John.  He was tapped by him to play a young Elton John in a video being made to go with the Farewell Tour.  Elton also gave Rocketman some of his actual costumes from back in the 1970s and '80s, which he wore last night.  It was an amazing show.



No comments:

Post a Comment