Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Just checking in quickly

I have not been a good blogger, and I'm not going to try to write details about everything that's been going on now to make up for it. I'm just going to hit a few highlights without any photos.

The cruise was great but COLD.  I gained five pounds on the cruise and then lost them quickly when we returned.  Then I gained them again and lost them again.  Story of my life.

After we got home, I got back on track for weight loss, and we got back on our rat race of activities at home.  It was also so nice to be back in the warm air!

I got a fifth attack of diverticulitis last Thursday and had to go the ER.  This was the worst attack I've ever had.  The really weird thing was that I don't know what I ate.  All the other times I knew that I had eaten popcorn or nuts.  This time I did not do that.  At the ER they took a CT scan, so they know it was diverticulitis.  They gave me Cipro and Flagyl and sent me home for a few days of rest and liquid diet. I spent four days in my recliner, and I just started eating regular food on Monday.

It did cause some more weight loss though!  That's a side benefit that I hope continues.

This morning I was 255.6, which is the lowest I've been in a long time.

That means I have hit another little milestone goal, my weight at Lowell's wedding in the summer of 2014.  I haven't been this low since then, so I'm pretty happy about this.

Yesterday I also got a cortisone shot in my right shoulder.  The last one was last December 4, so I got nearly a year out of it.  That's amazing.  So far this one hasn't kicked in.  In fact, I would say that this morning my shoulder actually hurts more than it did before the shot, but I think that will go away. I'm looking forward to many months of full mobility and no pain like before very soon.

Finally, Evey and Eric will be landing in Orlando tomorrow night and stay through the day after Thanksgiving.  We will be checking into the new DVC resort, Copper Creek, on the grounds of the Wilderness Lodge. They will spend two full days in three of the Disney parks while Mark and I attend two full days of D23 celebrations of Mickey's 90th birthday.  We'll meet up late Sunday night at the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks.  Next Monday we are going to Legoland; Tuesday we are going to the Orlando Science Center and other things around town; Wednesday we have a long day of fun things planned at Disney Springs.  Then we have nine people here for Thanksgiving dinner.  I absolutely have to be fully recovered from my diverticulitis by then, but I fully expect to be so.

I do not anticipate trying to write any more blogs until after they leave the day after Thanksgiving.

December 9 we begin our next cruise, 12 days on the Celebrity Silhouette to the Southern Caribbean.

So that's a quick catch up blog.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 comment: