Sunday, December 9, 2018

the Good, the Bad, No Ugly

The Good news is that we are heading out to Fort Lauderdale this morning to board the Celebrity Silhouette for our 12 day cruise to St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, and St. Kitts and Nevis.  It's very exciting.  More good news is that on Thursday night we discovered the good friends of ours here in Solivita, Norm and Lynn, are also going on this cruise!  So they are picking us up at 7:30 this morning, and we are driving down together.  They have Anytime Dining and we have fixed seating Early Dining.  We plan to try to change to Anytime when we get on board today.

More Good News is that I have lost a little more weight.  This morning I have recorded that I weigh 245.6 before heading out.  I will try very, very hard not to gain much, or ANY, weight in the next 12 days.  Of course, that is so hard to do on a cruise, but if I gain, I know I can get lose it again quickly before the next cruise.

The Bad news is that I'm positive that the Diverticulitis has already returned.  I have felt slight twinges for several days, but yesterday it was quite bad.  This morning it's the same as yesterday, which was a relief. I feared it would be as terrible as the day I went to the ER on November 8.  It's pretty scary to have it back only one month later because I definitely did not eat anything bad and took no NSAIDs.  The Good news here is that I have a full dose of Flagyl with me that I asked my family doctor for on Thursday.  Since you can't have any alcohol while taking it because it will make you violently ill, I'm hoping to hold off on starting to take the Flagyl until tomorrow so that I can at least have a Sail-Away drink today and a glass of wine tonight at our dinner at the specialty dinner, the Tuscan Grille, which is our eighth night Hanukkah present to each other.

So, off we go.  I'm not taking my laptop, so no more blogs until we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment