Monday, December 14, 2020

It's Been a Long Time.

 It's been a long time since I posted on here, and a lot has happened.  Wow!  The Pandemic Year from HELL is almost over!  It's December of 2020.  And even though a lot of bad stuff has gone on this year, a lot of good stuff has also happened.

I have spent the last three years able to stay on a reasonable food plan using the Lose It! app on my phone.  On my husband's birthday, March 12, of 2017, I weighed 295 and began getting serious on this food plan. This morning, December 14. 2020, I weigh 192.2.  I have not been below 200 since the 1970s!!!  So I am quite happy about that, and it happened during the Pandemic Year from Hell!

Also Evey and Eric announced they were pregnant and our beautiful granddaughter was born!  Our first and most likely only grandchild is here!  Mark and I are finally a Bubbe and Zeyde.  We are over the moon and beyond excited!  Due to COVID-19 we drove very carefully for nine days across the country to an Airbnb and then quarantined for two weeks before going into their house to cuddle that sweet bundle of joy, Britta!  Oh, she's adorable and I love her so much I could burst! We are staying here with them for six weeks total, two in quarantine seeing them from afar and four when we can go inside the house every day. Then we will drive nine days to get back home.  But it is SO WORTH IT!

It might be another three years before I remember to post here again, but I just thought today might be a good morning to do a little catch up.  Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

The vaccine for COVID-19 is rolling out today, so may 2021 be a much better year for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment