Sunday, August 14, 2016

Last full day of touring and last full day in New Mexico

This has been an amazing trip.  We left Florida on July 19, so tonight, August 14, is our last night of the official Western tour.  Tomorrow night we will be sleeping in Arizona.  It's day 27 of 64.

I ate perfectly again yesterday, so I'm down another pound and a half to an even 261.  Oh, how I would love to get into the 250s very soon!  There are no plans to eat any meals for the next five days other than what I should except for breakfast tomorrow morning.  Tonight we are staying at the Wortley Pat Garrett historic hotel in Lincoln, NM.  It's rustic without A/C or wi-fi, which I mentioned in yesterday's blog, but it's also a little like a Bed and Breakfast because they will be preparing us a breakfast tomorrow morning.  I don't think it's a buffet either, but I'm not sure.  We had to book it on the phone, and she asked what we liked to eat, if we had any food allergies, etc.  So she knows not to make us meat at least.  It will probably be a much higher calorie and carb breakfast than we would choose normally, but I can also make that my one big meal of the day.

Today we will be learning more about the Lincoln County War and Billy the Kid.  We have two museums to explore and the Billy the Kid Scenic Byway Visitor Center.  Some of those things are in Ruidoso, NM on the way to Lincoln.  We will enjoy every minute of it since it's our last day of the tour.

Yesterday we did exactly as I wrote down: relaxed, read, swam in the pool, and found the John Chisum statue for a photo op.  It should have been a very relaxing and easy day, but two things happened to make it a little stressful.  We went out of our room at 10 a.m. and stayed at the lovely indoor pool until 12:30.  When we came back up, the room had not been made up yet.  Bummer, but not too tragic.  We changed and went out to Subway to get salads for lunch and subs for dinner.  We also went to the Chisum statue for the photos.  We took our time and did not return to the room until 3:30.  Unfortunately, the maid had just started our room.  GRRH.  That had happened to us once in Texas, too.  So we put the subs in the fridge, grabbed our headphones, and sat in the lobby listening to our Michener audio book, Texas.  At about 4:45 we went back up to the room, and the maid was done.  I read my other novel, put up the pictures from yesterday, and we watched the movie Brooklyn on HBO while we ate dinner.  At 8 p.m. when the movie ended, I wanted something from my purse.  OH NO!  I had left my purse in the lobby!  We flew downstairs and asked the front desk if they had it.  WHEW!  She did!  I was so relieved, until I went upstairs.  Everything in the purse had been removed and put back in all the wrong places.  I can only guess they were looking for money or electronics like cell phones.  I had no cash in there and my credit cards were still in the wallet.  Still, it feels very creepy to think some one moved everything around and put it all back in the wrong compartments.  I immediately called my credit card company and got an electronic list of transactions.  There was nothing on there that i didn't do at that time, but I will keep monitoring it.  I'm also worried about identity theft.  Anyone could have written down all my info from my driver's license as well as my SS# if they know that your Medicare number is the same.  They could have written down my credit card numbers and the security codes off the back.  I'm going to have to keep checking regularly.  I have a Protect My ID account, so if anything really bad happens, they will notify me and help fix it.  I got that service because my info was compromised from a health insurance company I used to have years ago!  Crazy.  Anyway, that was NOT GOOD!

So here are a few pictures  from yesterday.  Roswell has been fun. Everything on this trip has exceeded expectations.







This is the most fun thing about Roswell...aliens are everywhere.

I love the Santa Fe look of this motel with an alien driving the wagon!

An alien can even deliver your pizza.

Listening to the audio book in the lobby.  Little did I know that I was going to leave my purse on this couch when I left.  Forgetting things is common at my age, but leaving a purse in a  public space for four hours is NOT GOOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment