Monday, December 26, 2016

My apologies for not writing sooner.

Today is the day after Christmas or the second day of Hanukkah.  Your choice.  LOL!

The last blog I wrote was December 11, so that means it has been two weeks and a day since I wrote. That's why I'm apologizing to those who might check today to see if I finally got around to it.

Yes, I've been busy.  That is nothing new.  Life for us in Florida is always busy, in a good way.

Yes, I've been eating.  Ridiculous.  Everyone eats during the holidays, but I totally excel at it.  On Dec. 7, I reported my weight at 269.8, a lost of five pounds.  Well, sit down and hold on to something.  Today my weight is 286.8, a gain of 17 pounds in two and a half weeks, AND the highest weight I have hit since I started losing weight in January of 2009.  Ridiculous.  On August

In between my last blog about meeting my high school friend PattiPark, I have had a ton of fun including directing the Cove Singers Holiday Concert on December 15, spending three nights at Saratoga Springs with Mark for our 41st wedding anniversary, Jewish Christmas of two movies and Chinese food, plus two nights of Hanukkah with video chatting with Evey and Eric to watch her open  her presents.  There has been a ton of meals in restaurants, but there has been a lot of snack food at home that I've eaten.  That's how you gain 17 pounds in just 19 days.  In fact, I guess it's like being on a cruise because they say that the average person gains a pound a day on a cruise.  I've managed to do it at home.  Now, in less than two weeks we are going on a two week cruise.  I MUST not gain a pound a day on that cruise on top of these 17 pounds.  That would be ridiculous!  Just Ridiculous.  On August 17, I weighed 261, so that's a gain of 25.8 pounds in 4 1/2 months.  Now I need to LOSE that amount in about the same amount of time.

Here are some pictures of our fun over the last two weeks.

We spent an afternoon at Universal Studios for the Macy's parade.



The first day of our anniversary celebration was at Hollywood Studios where Mark got to pose with Darth Vader.

On the second day we took a "backstage" tour of our home DVC resort, the Grand Floridian.



That night we had dinner at the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary Resort.

On Wednesday, Dec. 21, our actual anniversary, we spent the day at the Magic Kingdom and had dinner at the new Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen.

The chef brought me the Lion Fish entree to try.  The quills are edible, crunchy, and similar to potato chips.

Back in our room that night, Mark surprised me with this gift.

On our last morning, we enjoyed breakfast on our balcony even though it was quite cold out.

We split this day, starting out at Animal Kingdom.



Around 5 p.m. we went to Sea World for their Holiday celebrations including the whale show.

We always enjoy the ice skating show at Sea World.

The hundreds of trees all lit up are beautiful at night.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey. Truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete