Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pearl Harbor Day

It's been a week and a half since I posted.  I have been extremely busy with concerts, and now I'm also sick.  I was up multiple times this past Friday night with a fiery sore throat.  By Sunday it was moving up into my ears, and Monday it settled into my chest as a nasty cough.  I'm sore all over from so much coughing.  Still, I have not skipped any activities.  Hm...could be why it's still lingering.  Anyway, I'm sure it will be gone by next week.  I have lots of OTC meds to dose myself up with. Unfortunately, although I've tried to be careful, Mark has a sore throat and the sniffles this morning.  Sorry, Mark.

Tonight is the cast party for the Guys and Dolls concerts.  We had dress rehearsal Thursday night and three shows, Friday through Sunday.   I sang very well through Saturday night, but Sunday was a bit dicey.  There may have been some lip-synching going on.  LOL!  Monday I played both Mah Jongg and Rummikub.  I kept using lots of hand sanitizers so as not to infect the tiles.

Tomorrow I will play Mah Jongg in the morning, run off to the Contemporary Resort for a late lunch, which they called brunch, at 2 p.m. at Chef Mickey with the Disney Fan Club followed by a trip around the monorail resorts to look at the holiday decorations.  If we have any strength left when we get back, we will go up to the ballroom for the SoFEES party to listen to some carols, eat some snacks, and donate some kids underwear.  The SoFEES is a Solivita group that collects school supplies and clothing for local elementary school kids.  I think it used to stand for Solivita Friends of Eastside Elementary School, but lately they have expanded to other local elementariness.

I am also 269.8 this morning, down five pounds since I reported two weeks ago.  Mostly it's just getting back to eating at home and maybe all the extra calories burned in four nights of performances!

Meanwhile, it is Pearl Harbor day.  Mark and I visited the Arizona Memorial in 2010, and I was so moved by it that I insisted our kids and their spouses go when we there together as a family in 2015.








No comments:

Post a Comment