Sunday, January 22, 2017

Two weeks on the Carnival Magic. Amazing.

We had an amazing time on our back to back cruises on the Carnival Magic.

I reported a weight of 277 on the Friday before we left, but I was actually up two more to 279 on Saturday morning when we drove to Port Canaveral.  I'm not sure how, but I only gained 1.5 pounds on the cruise.  I was 280.5 this morning.  I feel pretty good about that.  We are leaving for the next cruise on Wednesday, so I probably cannot lose much, if any, by then, but I'll report it Wednesday morning before we drive to Miami. Our next cruise is a four night cruise with all the brothers and sisters and their significant others on the Carnival Sensation out of Miami.

This cruise on the Magic was magnificent.  I finished my antibiotics, and I was perfectly fine the rest of the time.

There are literally over 800 photos from the two weeks, so I'll post just a few today and the next three days before we head to Miami.  If you are also on Facebook, you have seen a bunch of the best already anyway.

Cabin 2274 was inside and very spacious with lots of storage space.

First sail away was rainy, cold, and dreary, but we still had fun!

Drinking hot coffee to keep warm.  We actually got up and danced two dances at the sail away to keep warm!

Cruise director Schwartz.

Walking the promenade on deck five after breakfast the first full day at sea.

Dinner that night was the first elegant night.  We chose to eat in the specialty Italian restaurant.


The next morning we walked the promenade deck again as we pulled in to Costa Maya.


We stayed on board most of the day except for about an hour in the afternoon.   I got a mug, two maracas, and a bottle of Siete Legas reposada tequila for Mark.  That's a brand he loves that is not sold in the USA.

Looking at the Magic out on the dock at Costa Maya.


He was appalled by this!  For $20 you can put your bare feet in a fish tank and let them nibble off all your dead skin.


The string trio was outstanding.  We listened to them as many times as we could during the two weeks.

The next day we were docked at Mahogany Bay on the island of Roatan, Honduras.  We took an excursion to a nearby smaller island called Maya Key for the day.

Relaxing on Maya Key

Using Cindy's Hanukkah present, sun screen.

I had the beach all to myself for almost an hour before other folks joined me.




Maya Key is also a rescue sanctuary for big cats, monkeys, and birds.







Enjoying the thermal spa when we got back on board.


No comments:

Post a Comment