Wednesday, July 30, 2014

National Cheesecake Day

Yesterday, National Lasagna Day went perfectly.  The veggie lasagna at Stella Notte in Ellicott City was terrific. My only complaint would be that it was too HUGE, but that didn't stop either me or Mark from eating the whole thing.  I did feel rather overfull, however, when I was done!  I shouldn't have had that cup of soup appetizer, I guess, but I had no idea how truly gigantic the entree would be.

It was lovely getting together with Pat and Phil at dinner.  I think that was the first time we ever had dinner out with them without Lowell and Emily.  It was great.  I'm so glad both of my kids have such fabulous in-laws.  Mark and I have made new friends!

Today is National Cheesecake Day.  We already have plans to meet our friends Jon and Jen at the local Cheesecake Factory for dinner and dessert around 8 p.m., after Jon gets off work.  I figured that would be okay because it's so late.  Then on Facebook this morning, I saw a post that Cheesecake Factory is selling cheesecake at half price today in honor of the day.  Now I'm afraid it will be twice as crowded in there.  Well, maybe at 8 p.m. on a work night it still won't be too bad, unless everyone just wants to rush over late for a cheap dessert.

I still haven't weighed in.  Part of the problem is that it's more difficult in this house.  I have my scale in the upstairs hall bathroom because there was more space over there than in the master bath. I can't have it in the bedroom because the scale won't work on carpeting.  Then the dogs want out the instant the alarm goes off at 6:20. I get up and use the bathroom in the master bedroom because I don't want to open the bedroom door and let the dogs run out into the house yet. Then I head straight down two flights of stairs (oy, my knees feel so stiff first thing in the morning that it seems to take forever to get to the basement) and let the dogs out into the back yard.  Once they do their business, which they are VERY FAST at first thing in the morning, we go back up one flight to the kitchen where I feed them their breakfast.  At that point, I'm exhausted and either lay on the couch to get another hour or so of sleep, or I get on the computer and start reading Facebook.  Either way, before I know it, it's almost 9 a.m. and I eat breakfast.  I have never been back upstairs.  Now it's too late to weigh in.

OK, even as I typed that report of my morning with the dogs, I realized that I just need to put the scale in the kitchen!  TA DA!  That solves all the problems.  I can feed the dogs, and then I can jump on the scale.  Perfect.  Tomorrow I will weigh in and report.  I bet I don't like what I see after that huge lasagna slab last night and cheesecake tonight.  LOL!

Lowell and Emily had their first of two sea days yesterday as their ship left Italy and is heading to Mykonos, Greece.  Since Greece is 7 hours ahead of us here on the east coast, it is already nearly 5 p.m. on the ship.  Most of their sea day is over already.  I hope they have been enjoying it. I think they have a formal night tonight, so they are probably getting ready for that about now. 








No comments:

Post a Comment