Saturday, July 12, 2014

WEDDING DAY!!

They got engaged in April of 2013.  That seems so long ago.  They have talked about and planned for today for almost a year and a half.  Now it's here.  This is IT!

Yesterday I had a lovely afternoon with Emily, Evey, and two of the groomsmen's wives, Mindy and Allison.   We had lunch in downtown Frederick at The Wine Kitchen and then met Courtney, one of the bridesmaids, at a nail salon for mani/pedis.  It was a really relaxing and fun way to spend the afternoon.

In the evening we had dinner with Ron and Barb.  On the way to dinner we ran into Mark's cousins, Ron G and Arnie R.  After dinner, Flyn, Jim, and Katie were in the hotel, so I had a chance to chat with them for an hour or so in the lobby.  Today all of the rest of our family will be arriving at some point.

The plan for today is that Emily and I and maybe some other girls (not sure) will drive back to Ellicot City to get our hair done for the wedding.  Then I will drop Emily off at the wedding venue, The Morningside Inn, and drive back to the hotel to get ready.  Mark and I will take the shuttle at 4:15 back to the venue.  Pictures of the bride and groom and various combinations of wedding party and family will be taken before the wedding between 4:30 and 5:30 or so.  The wedding is at 6 with the reception immediately following.  It ends at 11, but the hotel lobby bar is remaining open for them to have an after-ceremony party for another few hours.  Tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 10:30 there will be a catered breakfast for those of us staying in the hotel. 

I will take pictures today of the wedding as it is possible for me, but I'll be expected to pose in a bunch of them, too.  LOL!  During the ceremony, I hope to snap a few if at all possible.  If I can get a few on Facebook and this blog tomorrow morning before the breakfast, I will.  If not today or tomorrow, then Monday morning for sure I will have time to get those pictures out to everyone. 

I am so very excited for Lowell and Emily!  This is their big moment.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures from lunch yesterday and the nail salon.

Evey, Emily, Mindy, and Allison

The lunch restaurant

The weather was great, so we took an outside table.

Evey called me the Lunch Mom.

Getting a much needed mani/pedi

All the girls lined up in the pedicure chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment