Thursday, July 3, 2014

Beginning the next phase

I have been remiss in writing a blog lately, mostly because I've been having a lot of fun!  Tuesday we had dinner at Lowell and Emily's house in order to get doggie babysitting instructions.  That was so much fun.  Lowell grilled veggie burgers and veggie bacon out on the deck.  For me and Mark that was a FIRST!!  We didn't ever remember seeing Lowell cook before.  Emily made zucchini tots and corn on the cob, both just very delicious.  We walked the dogs and got acquainted with their routines.  Babysitting commences on July 25 when the newly married couple heads to Barcelona to start their honeymoon cruise.

This two month trip has been divided up into chunks, so today we are beginning the fourth junk, driving to NJ.  Evey and Eric are flying from CA to Newark, NJ tonight, also.

Today we will be moving into Mark's high school friend's new retirement home in NJ, very close to where Evey's in-laws live in East Brunswick.  Vinny and Annette will be hosting us for the next four nights in their beautiful new home.  They don't live in it full time yet because they are both still working and living in their home on Long Island.  Right now it's sort of a summer home!

Tomorrow we will have a traditional Fourth of July cook out at their house.  Mark and I are bringing three kinds of kosher sausages including hot Italian and Mexican chorizo along with some hot dogs and pareve buns to contribute to the festivities.  On Saturday we are going to the Gaertners for a do-over of the Fourth of July cook out.  So far it looks as if the first named storm of the season, Arthur, isn't going to interrupt these plans.

On Sunday, Leslie, Eric, Evey, Mark, and I are heading into Manhattan.  We are taking Evey to see Aladdin on Broadway while Leslie and Eric amuse themselves with something else.  Can't remember what it is right now.  Then Monday we come back to Cindy's with Evey.  Eric will take the train down here next Thursday.  Ah, then the wedding fun begins.  It's getting so close now.

As for my weight, this morning I am down two pounds from Monday, 253.4.  That's still not good, but I guess I should be pleased.  I ate a huge lunch out at Max's kosher deli yesterday!  LOL!  Hm...so good, but so high in calories and sodium.

I have decided not to take my computer to NJ just to keep packing to a minimum. I can keep up with emails and Facebook on my cell phone. I could actually do a blog there, too, but it's just so tedious to type that much on a phone.  So the next blog will be Monday evening or Tuesday morning of next week.  I'll post lots of pictures then, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment