Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Nine in Nine

I think I already posted earlier that Mark and I realized we could hit all 9 of the major theme parks in our area in one month, September, the ninth month.   We are already one-third of the way done.  The day we disembarked from the cruise on Friday we drove straight to Disney's Hollywood Studios.  We participated in the Solivita Disney Fan Club Scavenger Hunt.  Even though we started one hour later than everyone else, we finished 66 out of 75 questions.  We haven't learned who the winners were, but we think we are contenders.  On Sunday we went to the Magic Kingdom.  It was remarkably uncrowded, so we had a chance to do our three FastPass Plus attractions plus walk on several others.  We also watched the afternoon parade.  Then Monday we did Sea World.  That is a park we do not know very well.  We went once in 1984, but everything is different now.  We went in the winter to get our annual pass and haven't been back.  So we got there at 10 and stayed until almost closing, 5:30.  It kicked our butts because it was hot, humid, and we walked and walked and walked, criss-crossing the park multiple times.  I took ibuprofen and wine to relieve the pain when we got home.  LOL! I also got a blister on my toe.  UGH.  Having said that, I have to say that we LOVED it and will go back.  There rode three outstanding rides, saw three excellent shows, and went to lots of lovely walk-throughs and aquariums.  We had a huge lunch at the buffet, lots of salad, pastas, and pizza.  Not healthy, but soooooo delicious!  There are other rides, too, including two huge coasters, but that's not for us.  The park is beautiful, as well.   Thursday it's going to be Gatorland!

Then yesterday it was back to normal.  I had "The Works": pedicure, gel nails, facial waxing, hair coloring and cut.  My hair is now MUCH shorter!  Back to the typical "old lady in Florida" look, but I think I rock it.  After that I had an appointment with a surgeon to look at the cyst on my back.  It's been there nearly a year, but in August it got infected, swelled up real big, and eventually drained very NASTY green slime and blood.  It wouldn't stop bleeding for 24 hours, so I went to a clinic.  The doctor gave me a 10 day course of a sulfa drug and a referral to a surgeon.  Yesterday was the earliest date i could see the surgeon.  Boy, was I surprised!  I was told it was a consultation, but he looked at it said he would drain it right away.  He numbed it up and cut it open, put in packing, and sealed it up.  Now I have to get Mark to change the dressing daily and see the surgeon again this coming Tuesday to remove the packing.  Once the thing calms down from this, he will schedule a surgery to remove the whole thing.  He said he couldn't take it all out right now because it was too swollen and infected.  Great.  So I was pretty shaken up.  It didn't really hurt other than the five shots to numb up the area on my back.  When I got home, it was already 5:15, much later than I expected since my appointment was for 2:45.  My choir rehearsal was 6, so I didn't go.  I was too tired and shaken up and just needed to relax. I was also not sure how it was going to feel when the numbness wore off.  I took ibuprofen, a glass of wine, and a Cosmo!  It never hurt when the numbness wore off.   I also enjoyed watch the Orioles game with Mark because it was the game that clinched the AL East Championship for them. Go O's!

Later today we are going out to get our pictures taken and submit all the paperwork for new passports.  They are going to expire in mid-January, and we have a cruise then, too.  Time for new ones.  Then tonight I have to go to the synagogue for a choir rehearsal.

Enjoy these pictures from Sea World. It was great.

First we stopped to get appropriate hats!


Antarctica was our main objective and it had NO WAIT!  Awesome.

After the brief ride, you get put in 30 degree weather and all the time you can stand to look at the 250 penguins playing.

They were adorable.

When you get too cold, you can go stand in this warmer area to watch them from under water.

Blue Horizon dolphin show was great.


Pets Ahoy show is full of adorable animals, even better than the one at Universal Studios.

Spent some time watching dolphins in the cove.

Three lazy manatees

BABY Flamingo!  So cute.

Finished the day with the obligatory Shamu show.

No comments:

Post a Comment