Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day

This is the earliest possible date for Labor Day, Sept. 1.  Interesting.

It's also weigh in day.  It's very bad, 266.2, the highest I have been in over a year.  I guess it's time to try harder and stop thinking that I can just eat what I want.  We all know that's not true.  I have to see all three of my doctors in the next two months, starting with the radiology oncologist on Wednesday.  I'm going to be up over 20 pounds when I see him.  UGH.

Yesterday I had an excellent breakfast and an excellent dinner; however, we did eat lunch out at Grills Riverside in Melbourne.  I had a cup of fish chowder (with three fishes: file, mahi, yellowfin tuna) and the grilled mahi sandwich with grilled onions, peppers, and cheese.  That was servied with chips.  On the boat ride, which was fabulous, I had two pina coladas and an ice cream cone.  At night I ate a bag of chips, a big bag.  So it's no surprise that I'm up another pound and a half today over yesterday.  That could just be sodium, but I bet it's too many calories, too.

Today is a new beginning.  Today I will eat two of my meals at home, do my weights, and go to the indoor track to walk.  I will also not have any time to eat snacks after we get home because it will be so late.  We are going to the Kosher NY Deli for an early dinner at 4:30 and then to the Enzian theater for the 6:15 showing of "Boyhood." 

We are leaving a week from today for the Carnival Ecstasy cruise out of Miami. It goes to Key West and Cozumel. On Key West we booked a shore excursion that is ninety minutes long, all walking!  Neither Mark nor I are sure we can walk for 90 minutes straight.  There is some standing around, listening to the guide talk, but it's still on your feet, standing and walking from 9:30 to 11 a.m.  That doesn't count the time it takes to walk off the ship and find the guide and get going.  It will be closer to two hours when all that is added on.  So every day this week, Mark and I are going to walk, probably in the track because it's hot and there's always rain chances.  We want to try to get ourselves back in a little better shape.  Also it should help me lose a few pounds before the cruise.  At this weight, it's much harder to walk for very long. My back will start to hurt. 

Meanwhile, we really enjoyed the cruise yesterday.  Here are a few pictures from the day.

Indian River Queen

Rum and Diet Coke, waiting to sail away.

First of the two pina coladas

Narrator for the historical cruise.  We learned a lot.

Love sailing under bridges

Looking at one of the small Spoils Islands in the middle of Indian River




No comments:

Post a Comment