Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rosh Hashana starts tonight.

Yesterday and today have been very, very low-key days.  There are several people who regularly comment to us about how much energy we have and wonder how we do so much.  Well, the answer is that it runs out sooner or later.  These two days have been the crash days for me.  I also ended up with a huge blister on my left pinkie toe Monday.  It's been great walking in my soft squishy slippers in the house.  In fact, I've been keeping the walking to a minimum, trying to get it to heal up as fast as possible.  Tomorrow I'll be going to shul for hours and hours and wearing shoes.  Friday, too!  Haha!  Saturday, too!  When a holiday starts on a Wednesday night, it means three straight days in shul.

The only thing I did yesterday, besides watching TV and playing on the computer, was go to the surgeon.  He took the packing material out of the cyst.  Although he said it would sting, it did not.  He bandaged it up again.  Now Mark has to pour hydrogen peroxide in to the hole once a day for three days.  Then I just keep it bandaged, changing it daily, until it looks completely closed up or until I see him again on October 15 for the final removal of the entire capsule.  At that point, it will have stitches for 10 days and continue to be bandaged.  I'm a little bummed that I cannot be in a pool until after this whole thing is done, no sooner than October 25, but at least it will be GONE!  I do want it to be gone forever!

Today I'm going nowhere.  I might not even get dressed at all today.  My nightie and slippers are feeling pretty good right now.

Mark is heading out to do some final shopping for the High Holidays and to get some hydrogen peroxide.  I thought we had some at home, but I was wrong.

Mark is going to make a low-carb honey cake today. He did that last year, and it was yummy. This may or may not be the same recipe, but we are going to love it anyway. He will be making a delicious chicken dinner for tonight and tomorrow night. With round raisin challah, wine, apples and honey, pomegranate, and the honey cake, this is going to be a wonderful holiday!  It may just be the two of us around the table, but we will make the most of it.

To anyone reading this blog today, Jewish or not, let me wish you a wonderful, sweet New Year.  L'Shanah Tovah.



No comments:

Post a Comment