Thursday, February 23, 2017

I get to play Mah Jongg again today!

On Monday I played in my neighbor's house.  I won FOUR games!  I won't be able to play there again for a month, but after winning four times, including two in a row, they probably are happy about that.  This morning I get to play with my Thursday group up at one of the club houses.  I never know who will be there, and I haven't been there in several weeks.  There are some new names on the list, so I hope to meet a few of them today.   Maybe I'll even win a game.

Seeing Newsies last night was amazing!  The theater was sold out, and people applauded along with the live audience on the screen.  We are so glad we decided to go.  I'm hoping that it will be available to buy on DVD eventually!

I ate too much yesterday, both at lunch at home and at Sweet Tomatoes, but I am still down half a pound today to an even 288.  That's seven pounds down in four days.  It won't continue at that speed, of course, but if I could drop about six in the next 8 days....Hm.  No, you say?  You're probably right. I am eating out tomorrow night and all meals on Saturday are out, as well as lunch on Sunday at the Thai restaurant.  None of this is conducive to a large weight loss in a short amount of time.  If I'm lucky, I'll stay the same, which will be tragic to start a cruise at 288.  Ugh.

This is the last cruise until October, so I can try to undo some of this damage then.  I have no idea what my calendar is like after we get back from the cruise on March 13.  I know Rudy is here from March 15 to the 31st.  Passover starts on the evening of April 10, so that's usually a week of weight gain for me.  Yikes.  Losing weight has always been hard for me, but doing it at an older age and during retirement is W-A-Y harder than younger and going to work.  At least that is how it seems to me.

Today I have just eaten a perfectly acceptable breakfast of 240 calories, and soon I'll leave to play Mahj until noon.  I plan to eat a decent lunch, and then Mark and I will go shopping at BJs and some other stores to get a bunch of stuff we need.  That brings me up to dinner.  We are eating leftovers from the freezer of something Mark cooked that is low carb and low calorie.  So unless I blow it watching TV tonight, today should be an excellent, low sodium, low calorie, high activity day. Yay!  I need more of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment