Sunday, July 9, 2017

Getting ready to go

Yesterday we packed our big suitcases as well as the back pack we will each carry on to the train for our four nights.  This morning we are driving over to the train station to have our big suitcases shipped to CA a day earlier than us just in case they might miss their connection along the way.  This worked very well for us back in 2010 when we went from Washington, DC to Anaheim, CA.  This time it's Kissimmee, FL to Emeryville, CA, sort of between Berkley and Oakland.  We leave tomorrow and will arrive Friday. A rental car will be waiting across the street from the train station for us to drive south to San Jose for ten glorious days with Evey, Eric, and Kiwi. YAY!  I'm getting quite excited.

Meanwhile, there will be no blogs until next Saturday at the earliest because I won't be able to have internet on the train.  They claim to have Wi-Fi on the train from here to DC and then the train from DC to Chicago, but there is nothing from Chicago to Emeryville.  When we were on the auto train, there was Wi-Fi, but it was not very robust, so I'm not even going to try to do a blog.  I can easily write from Evey's house on her wi-fi on Saturday.

After we drop off the suitcases, we are going to the Cove because our Dermatologist will be there. He periodically volunteers a few hours of his time on a Sunday afternoon to look folks all over for suspicious things.  He found three suspicious moles on Mark last year and removed all three of them a few months later. Only one turned out to be something that might have turned in to something worse, but it's better to get anything suspicious removed.  Mark is actually going to schedule a full body scan at the office after we get back, but today the doctor can look his body all over and get a heads up on what might be there.  The doctor didn't find anything on me last year, but I did have a little scaly thing removed from my face that turned out to be nothing.  A different skin doctor took something off my back a few years ago that also was nothing.  Better safe than sorry, right?

I won't be writing tomorrow morning, so I'm going to log in my weight this morning for a record to see how the trip goes when I return.  I'm not packing the scale.  This morning I was 286.2.

Enjoy your week.  Talk to you on this blog on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment