Monday, July 31, 2017

The Big Sick instead

We got to the movie yesterday just to find it was sold out.  Plan B was The Big Sick, and it did not disappoint.  Very good film, excellent acting and writing.  I highly recommend it.

We had a delicious dinner at Red Robin, and then went home to watch a little TV before bedtime.

All in all I enjoyed my Sunday, although I was up a pound this morning.  Must have been the Caramel M and Ms I ate during the movie.  At Red Robin I got broccoli instead of fries and no alcohol or appetizers.  I had a Boca burger with just veggies and pepper jack cheese, although I did eat the bun.  Today all my meals will be at home, so I suspect that pound will be gone tomorrow morning.

Today is a gigantic Mah Jongg day.  This is the first time I'll be playing for two hours in the morning in one lady's house and then three hours in the afternoon in my neighbor's house.  That is going to be my usual Monday when I'm home on Mondays from now on unless one of the games gets cancelled.  I expect my brain to be fried by the time I finish at 4 p.m. today.  Then I have to go out and do a little shopping before I can crash.

On Sundays we call both Evey and Lowell.  Often we speak to only one or none, but yesterday we spoke to both kids.  How delightful that was!

Tropical Storm Emily is going across Central Florida today.  No worries about damage or anything.  Winds aren't even that high, but there will be a good bit of rain all day as I go to Mahj and shop.  Well, we can use the rain, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment