Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to shul and pool

This morning we went to our new shul. We haven't officially joined yet, but we will soon. It is a lot like Mishkan Torah in size and friendliness. Unfortunately it's a 26 mile, 50 minute drive one way. Mark found out about their Sunday morning study sessions, which he wants to join. I was invited to join a group that is going to put on a show. They were looking for someone who could teach parts. I had planned to keep my mouth shut about my skills, but I couldn't resist jumping right in. Joining these groups is the best way to meet people and make new friends, so it looks like Mark and I will get busy with these activities when we get back from the cruise.

Currently we are in our house having lunch and watching some TV. When lunch is over, we are heading up to the Palms for exercise, walking, and laying about the pool. It's quite beautiful outside today, warm but with a slight breeze. I see a nap on a chaise lounge in my immediate future.

We also have plans to head out tomorrow to search for kosher meat. I need to eat only protein for 24 hours starting with breakfast tomorrow. Unless I find some meat, I'll be eating only cheese and eggs. I guess there are worse things, but I was thinking some deli meat would be fun to have. I'm actually allowed two pieces of rye bread for lunch and small amounts of certain green veggies: broccoli, green beans, and asparagus. I like those, but I don't have any in the house. We plan to go to the Disney theaters in the morning to see The King's Speech and then go find the kosher deli for lunch and meat shopping. We'll watch the Super Bowl at home by ourselves with a giant tray of meat in front of me! Hope everyone else is having a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you get to be part of a show. That will definitely use your musical talents. Your home sounds so beautiful. It is making me excited for spring and summer in Iowa.

    I hope that you enjoy "The Kings Speech". I heard that it was good.

    I think that having so much fun in life like you seem to be doing in Florida must definitely be therapeutic and helpful in getting through cancer treatments. I am happy that you are there.

    ReplyDelete