Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good Times




I weighed in first this morning, and I was very happy. It was 242. That would have been a horrible number before, but now it represents a loss over the last two weeks of 3.6 pounds. I think I'll take that. I have not really restricted my calories, but the increased activity has helped.

This morning I had the bone density scan, which only took a few minutes. It scanned my back and my right hip. This will be a baseline for bone loss because the Arimidex, which I'll take for five years, can cause osteoporosis. Then I went to the cancer center for the radiation simulation. It took about 45 minutes. I had magic marker and stickers placed in four places, a CT scan, and an ultrasound. Funny, but I just had a CT scan yesterday in the same place by the same tech as part of the PET scan. Oh, well... Results of everything should be back in a few days. I also need to go back on Thursday or Friday for the permanent tattooing of the four dots which will line up the beams. Then I'll finally be free to swim or hot tub on the cruise before going into radiation and a no swimming restriction again.

We left the house at 8:30 a.m. and got home at 1:20 p.m. No sooner had we got in the house than the phone rang. It was the main guard house letting us know that our friends Walter and Lore had arrived at the gate and were on the way. Mark and I scurried around and got the luncheon things laid out just in the time it took them to drive down from the main gate, which is admittedly a slow four mile drive. We had a fabulous time eating lunch on the lanai and catching up on all our news. We have known Walter and Lore for about 11 or 12 years now and always have a great time with them. It was also fun to show off our house. They are now our first official house guests! We took them through the Village Center and had dinner at the Stonegate Grille. It was relaxed and delicious. Then they had a long drive ahead of them back to the Miami area. I hope they had a safe and uneventful trip back down south. We had a great time and will miss them.

4 comments:

  1. You have 4 miles from the guard gate to your home? If you ever get the time and energy it would be so much fun to see some pictures of your new neighborhood. It sounds like a wonderful place that you live in. I am glad that you got your radiation simulation over with. When I had it about 9 years ago it wasn't bad but just very long. I am praying that you hear excellent news from your PET scan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda. I hope the tattooing doesn't hurt too much! LOL
    I can send you some pictures of our house and neighborhood that I took last summer. It will come in your email with a link.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tatooing for me didn't hurt that much and I don't have a high pain tolerance at all. You should do fine with it because it sounds like you are alot tougher than I am. I just started looking at the pictures that you sent. Thank you. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the photos. Thank you for saying I'm tough. I often don't feel like I am tough at all, so you are encouraging me not to worry about the tattooing. I thought the office was going to call me yesterday, but they did not. If I don't hear from them by this afternoon, I'm going to call them.

    ReplyDelete