Sunday, June 8, 2014

Star Wars Weekend

I apologize for waiting this many days between blogs.  We have been having fun, so sometimes I just never get around to writing.

There was also lots of going to shul, with services Tuesday night, Thursday morning, and Saturday morning.  Lovely services, and we will miss them when we head up north.

Today we are going to be Disney geeks all day.  It's one of the many Star Wars Weekends, and this one is featuring Mark Hamill.  For those non-Star Wars geeks, he was Luke Skywalker in the original three films and will be returning as Luke in the next upcoming new one.  We expect RIDICULOUS crowds.  We have a Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania, a ride absolutely impossible to do without a FP, so that will be fun.  We also have a FP for the Indiana Jones show, a fun show that doesn't really need a FP, and Mark took our third FP choice for Star Tours.  He figured with all the Star Wars geeks in the park it would be hard to get a ride.  I'm not into that ride, so I'll sit it out.  The new system of FastPass+ on the Magic Bands MAKES you take three Fastpasses, whether you want them or not. You don't have to use them, but to get the one you really want (Toy Story Mania), we have to take three we may or may not want or use.  This time we will use all three.

There will be a big special parade, featuring Mark Hamill, and a special stage show and fireworks at night.  There are no fireworks at the Studios regularly except as part of the Fantasmic show, so it's a treat to have a fireworks display over the hat.  Our Magic Ears Glow with the Show hats will work, so we are toting them along in the backpack along with rain ponchos.  It's summer now!  There's a 50% chance of rain all afternoon and evening and a 93 degree high temp predicted.  Typical summer day in central Florida!

Then there will be three whirlwind days leading up to our two month trip up north.  Busy days ahead.  I will be taking my computer on all parts of the trip.  I hope to post pictures on Facebook as well as on this blog.  I'll write blogs as often as I can. 

Now I need to decide if I should pack my scale or just let it be a surprise when we get home.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment