Monday, June 30, 2014

Gaining and getting scared

Last Monday I did not report my weight, but I did report it on Tuesday.  I was 255.5 last week, and I am the same this week.  I actually had gone down to 249.5, as I reported once last week, but it all found me again.  I am not happy about what the scale is saying, but I must confess I've enjoyed eating.  Well, I always enjoy eating.

What's getting me scared is my mother-of-the-groom dress!  I tried the skirt on this morning, and it's a little tight.  I have less than two weeks to get some weight off, and there are SO many challenges ahead between now and then that losing weight at this point seems impossible.  The good news is that I can do a lot of walking, also, but if I continue to overeat like this, the best I can hope for is to stay the same.  That will be sad, especially if the skirt and top don't look good.  My face is really puffy and fat right now, too, which doesn't look good in pictures. 

If any of you readers are my Facebook friends, you already saw all the pictures I took at the ballgame yesterday. I'm going to post them again here for anyone who reads this and is not on FB.  You can see in the picture how puffy my face looks.

Of course, we are having a fabulous time here in Maryland.  On Thursday we are heading to NJ to stay with our friends Vinny and Annette and to visit with Eric, Evey, and her in-laws, Marc and Leslie.  We will have TWO Fourth of July cook-outs.  I am not packing the scale, but I'll weigh-in next Tuesday when we get back to Cindy's house.  With any luck, I won't be higher than this.  A little lower would be better.

Here are the ballgame pictures from yesterday.

We met the kids at the stadium.

Mark with legendary Cal Ripken.

This is ten years out of date, but we all got free hats today, which Mark is wearing, that are replicas of the original one from 1954.

My soda cup announces that it's actually the sixtieth anniversary year of the Orioles.

This was a new food stand that sucked me in and added calories.

Oh, but they were DELICIOUS calories. The O shaped pretzel tasted better than the Mickey pretzels in WDW.

Great seats and perfect weather.  Too bad they lost 12-7.

At the end of the game, we took a picture of our shirts.  Emily and I both had Markakis shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment