Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tourist in Baltimore

First, I'd like to report that I was down another three pounds this morning to 249.6. I suspect they will find me again tomorrow morning because of the lunch I ate out, but I'll get to that later in this blog.

This morning we had quite a lovely adventure.  We walked about 15 minutes from Cindy's house to the Linthicum Light Rail.  That station is exactly where Flyn and I used to cross the railroad tracks to walk from our house to elementary school back in the 1950s!  Crazy! 

We rode the light rail to the Convention Stop at Howard and Pratt.  Then we picked up the FREE Charm City Circulator bus at Pratt and Sharp, which took us to the corner of Lloyd and Lombard, right on the corner of the Jewish Museum of Baltimore.

We met our friends Annie, Debbie, and Debbie's husband Ed at the museum to see Project Mah Jongg, a visiting exhibit.  It was outstanding, far exceeding my expectation.  Mark and I used to be members of the museum, but we had not been there in at least six years, maybe more.  It was a lot of fun!  The exhibit actually had a table set up to play, so I played one game, but Debbie and Annie were able to play two games.  What a hoot!  We also went through the permanent collection as well.

After a few hours in the museum, we walked across the street to a Baltimore landmark, Attman's Deli.  It's kosher style, but they actually had some Hebrew National products, so I got a salami sandwich on rye with a bag of chips and a coddy. I'm pretty sure that was about 1,000 calories for lunch and tons of sodium, which is why I said those three pounds would be back tomorrow morning.

We then reversed our trip, and when we got back to Cindy's, we hopped in the car to do some errands.  Now we are home; Mark is putting something into the crockpot and doing laundry; I am writing a blog and catching up on Facebook.  GREAT DAY!!

We have arrived!  Debbie (on the right) was my Mahj teacher!

I have no idea what I was saying to make me look like this. LOL!

Annie and Debbie played a game with these two ladies while I wandered around the exhibit.  Debbie won!

One of my two favorite art pieces.

My other favorite painting.

I think everyone should have a floating Mah Jongg table.

The permanent collection.

Baltimore landmark!

LUNCH!  YUM!

Ed and Debbie at Attman's Deli

1 comment:

  1. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comJune 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM

    Hello,

    I hope all is well. Healthline just published these inspiring quotes about breast cancer from celebrities who battled the disease. Our audience really enjoyed them and gave us great feedback on how powerful and inspirational they are. You can see them here: http://www.healthline.com/health/breast-cancer/quotes

    I thought they would be of interest to your followers as well, and I wanted to see if you would include it as a resource on your page: http://rebysweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

    Please let me know if this would be possible. I’m happy to answer any other questions as well.

    Thanks so much!
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete