Monday, June 2, 2014

Still the Same

Last blog reported that I had gone down last Monday by 8.5 and back up FIVE on Tourist Tuesday. 

Now it's Monday again and those five are still here.  Today's weight is 252.5.  Sad, but true.

Well, what should I expect when I ate lunch out every single day from Tuesday through yesterday plus dinner out once.  I did a lot of exercise, but I ate large lunches in restaurants every day.  So, I stayed the same.  I'm grateful I didn't gain more.  I actually gained all of those five in one day and then stayed the same the next six days. 

Today is a new week, but it has challenges as well.  The holiday of Shavuot starts Tuesday night. Mark is making blintzes and cheesecake.  Of course, the good news is that he is making his own, so they will be low-carb.  Hopefully that will help.  I will be eating lunch out tomorrow because I'm having "The Works" at the salon, mani/pedi plus hair cut and color.  The appointment will run from 10 a.m. to around 3:30 in the afternoon.  If I'm smart and take the time, I'll pack a small sandwich.

I will switch topics now and congratulate my good friend Rabbi Saul Oresky for landing his first pulpit job at a synagogue in Boardman, Ohio, near Youngstown.  Mazel Tov, Saul!  That is a wonderful thing.  I only hope Mark and I have the chance to see him in action in his new shul someday.




No comments:

Post a Comment