Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Normal Day. Is there such a thing?

I am going to see my radiation oncologist this morning for my every six month check up. I feel like I was just there.  How can it be six months already?  I am not worried about it in any way.  I like the doctor and his nurse.  We have nice chats and I get a little check up.  It's all good.

Mark is coming with me and then we will head up to his comic book store to get his stash before heading home.  Tonight we will head over to the synagogue area for an early dinner at Denny's, a lecture at the shul by an Israeli soldier, followed by a choir rehearsal. I still can barely talk, but I do feel that the congestion is somewhat less than it has been.  They will have to sing without me, though.

Yesterday I laid in bed for seven straight hours from noon to 7 p.m.  Crazy. I snoozed and watched TV and played games on my phone.  I guess I thought I'd be better by today.  I got sick last Tuesday, so today is day 9.  Hopefully, by the time I get on the cruise ship on Saturday, it will be OVER.

I have barely moved since I got the cold.  We ate out many times, and I snacked too much on many days.  Bottom line, I still weigh about what I did when I got off the last cruise. On that cruise I gained six pounds in nine days.  I did not lose those six pounds.  Well, that's not entirely true. I did lose them right away in the first day.  Then I put them back.  This morning I'm up a half pound over yesterday to 272.3, which is precisely what I weighed the day I got back from the January cruise.  Ridiculous. I squandered the entire two weeks and I'm blaming it on the cold, the company, and eating out.  I should blame it on myself, but that's no fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment