Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Need a new battery

My scale needs a new battery.  The thing is over ten years old, with the original battery.  I'm not complaining, but it was really hard yesterday to get it to come on.  I finally made it, and I had lost one pound from Sunday, 272.2.  I'll take it.

I never got around to writing a blog yesterday because we went out early to take Mark to LensCrafters for an eye exam.  Unfortunately, the doctor had still not filled out the paper work to join our insurance.  DOH.  So we walked away and tried VisionWorks down the street. No appointments until March 10. DOH.  Now he is thinking about making an appointment up in Maryland during the month we are up for visiting and Passover.

We ran some other errands and did some grocery shopping, getting home about 1:30.  We were supposed to go visit our new friends Steve and Joyce at the Cove again, but I had not felt real well all day.  By the afternoon, I was feeling pretty bad, light-headed and somewhat out of it.  I had also pulled a little muscle on my right hip when I was making up the bed in the morning, so that was also stressing me as I got in and out of the car and did the errands.  Mark called and cancelled our visit, so I went to bed and slept from 2:30 to 4:15, solid like a rock in the bed.  Crazy.

We had a rehearsal at SOJC at 7:30 that I could not get out of no matter how bad I might feel, so off we went. It was a good rehearsal, and I actually felt a little better by the time we got home.  I feel much better this morning, although my muscle on the right hip is still a bit sore.  I surely did not put much effort into making up the bed today!

All I'm doing today is going to the Cove for a 1 p.m. mani/pedi appointment.  I'll be back by 4ish, and that's all I plan to do.  There will be lots of TV watching today and just resting.  We have a LOT of plans from tomorrow through March 12 when we head north, so I need to take today OFF and just rest.

Here are a few pictures from our second cruise, which was on the same ship in the same room, but with Bare Necessities (clothing optional) and to different islands.  This time we went to Coco Cay in the Bahamas, and then three French Islands: St. Bart's, Gaudaloupe, and St. Martin.  This was our fifth BN cruise, and we are already booked on the same ship next February for number six.

Mark is enjoying some time on his phone in Fort Lauderdale as we transitioned from one cruise to the next.

First full day was at Coco Cay, but the seas were rough so it took hours before the tenders were ready to load people up for the ride to the island. I enjoyed watching the process on deck four for quite awhile.  Also I think Mark did a great job with this photo.  It's one of the few of me that I really like.

Entering Coco Cay

That night was Silver Night, celebrating Bare Necessities 25th anniversary. 

It was also Formal Night for dinner.

Our table mates were wonderful people that we had met two years ago on a previous cruise.

We celebrated Valentine's Day on the cruise.  Mark had this fabulous tray delivered to the stateroom.

The ship was beautifully decorated for Valentine's Day.

Mark dressed in his Mickey and Minnie Valentine's Day tie.

Sunset over the ship.  Gorgeous.

Enjoying  a beautiful sea day on deck four.

Looking at St. Bart's.

We tendered in and walked to Shell Beach.  Fabulous beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment