Sunday, February 22, 2015

Back Home.

After two weeks on such a beautiful ship, I have a few comments about being home.  First, this "ship" didn't rock at all last night.  It's a much longer walk to the bathroom from the bed, but this toilet is much quieter and easier to flush.  The shower sure is a LOT bigger, but no one came to make my bed up.  And I had to make my own breakfast.  Where's the buffet?  LOL!

Seriously, it was SO good to be home, even though we loved the cruise.  In fact we booked two more while on board!  LOL!  On the first five night cruise, I booked a 14 night cruise to the southern Caribbean on the Celebrity Eclipse in March of 2016 that will include a LOT of islands we have not done together, including Grenada and St. Lucia, plus Aruba and Curacao, which I also never did before.  They gave us $225 extra onboard credit for booking while on the ship, so that was too good to pass up.  Then on the second nine night cruise, we booked a 10 night cruise on the Celebrity Equinox in March of 2017 to sail with the Herschlers.  I think there is only one new island, but I really don't remember the itinerary.  We took Concierge Class for that one, so we get the free gratuities, free drink package, and $300 onboard credit.  PLUS, we got an ADDITIONAL $300 onboard credit for booking onboard.  We got that for Dave and Evey, as well.  What a deal!  So even though we just took two of the seven cruises, I booked two more, so we STILL have seven cruises booked.  Crazy!  Will this madness ever stop?  I hope not!

As for my weight, I didn't do too badly.  I only gained four pounds in the two weeks, which for me is unbelievable. I left at 269.2 and weighed in this morning at 273.2.  I know those are still shameful weights, but only gaining four pounds in two weeks is still pretty amazing for me.

Today we are going to see the new Disney sport-themed movie, MacFarland USA.  Then we are going to the Cove for the afternoon.  Steve and Joyce from VA, a new couple that we met on the cruise and had dinner with every night, are spending the day at the Cove before heading north.  We plan to hang out with them this afternoon.  This is the first visit to the Cove, and it was their first clothing optional cruise.  They loved it so much that they booked next year's cruise while they were onboard.  We have already booked that one (one of the seven!), so we will see them again.  That's one of the nicest things about these Bare Necessities cruises.  They almost start to feel like family reunions.

Here are some pictures from the first five-night cruise.

Mark is in his favorite sailaway location, where he can watch the show on the deck below as well as get a good view of the port as we move out.

His sailaway drink!

Enjoying the gorilla on deck 11.

Our cabin this time was the Oresky's cabin last time.

First night dinner at the Tuscan Grille.

First port was Key West, always a favorite.

Went to this museum for the first time on this trip.  Very good.

Of course there is Key Lime pie!

My new hat!

We love the Thalassotherapy pool, warm and relaxing.

Waiting to go into dinner on formal night.

We really enjoyed sitting on the back deck watching the wake as we sailed.


Mark's turn in the Thalassotherapy pool, enjoying the rollers.

My new jewelry.  I won the Bella Perlina charm bracelet, and Mark bought me the red coral necklace.

Love my time in the salon getting a mani/pedi.

Enjoying watching some games on the pool deck.

Finally Celebrity has a charity walk, Breast Cancer Research.  Of course, we bought the t-shirts and walked the mile.

Then there was dancing after the walk!  They raised $990 this day.

I read this entire book on the cruise.  Thanks, Cindy, for the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment