Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I ate way too much.

I had breakfast and lunch at home, and I ate too much at both of those meals.  THEN, all bets were off!  I ate WAY too much at the Enzian theater.  First, as soon as we got to the theater we went right in and got a table.  This special theater serves food during the films.  I ordered a glass of Reisling and an order of spinach and cheese knishes.  Because this was the Jewish film festival, there was a special little menu of "Jewish foods."  There was a kosher hot dog with fries, but we were going to have dinner between the two movies, so I just got an appetizer.  The knishes weren't really knishes.  They were very flaky puff pastry with spinach and cheese inside.  Very deicious.  Whereas Susie and Ed shared their plate of six, Mark didn't share with me and I ate them all.

The documentary, Rosenwald, was about Julius Rosenwald, president of Sears and a great philanthropist who donated millions to build Rosenwald schools in rural African-American communities in the early 1900s, including helping to build Tuskegee U. and supporting Howard U. and other traditionally black colleges.

The theater was cleared after the film, so we went outside to the restaurant attached to Enzian.  I got a cocktail with rums and fruit juices, a cup of tomato cream soup (but they brought a BOWL), and mahi mahi tacos with rice and black beans.  All delicious.  When it was time to go back inside for the second film, we ordered dessert.  Mark ordered the kosher hot dog and fries for his dessert, but I ate most of the fries.  My first two choices of dessert were both all gone, so I got peanut butter ice cream on a chocolate chip cookie, except it was TWO cookies and each cookie was the size of a large dessert plate, HUGE!  I ate it all.

That's why I'm UP two and  half pounds this morning.  Yeah, no mystery there.

This morning I am heading to Nature Hair for "The Works."  This includes a cut, color, and highlights for my hair, gel nails, pedicure, and waxing, all of which will take about five and a half hours and lighten my purse by close to $300.  I'm crazy like that, I guess.

When I get home, hopefully by 4 p.m., I have to start to pack because at 7 I have a Guys and Dolls rehearsal.  When I get back from that, around 9:45 p.m., I will finish packing and go to bed as soon as possible. Tomorrow we are getting up at 2:50 a.m. in order to be in the car driving to the airport at 3:50 a.m. to catch the 6:40 flight to Dallas and then San Jose.  We should be grocery shopping with Evey in our rental car by 4 in the afternoon, her time.  It's going to be so much fun to be out there and be with her and Eric for 10 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment