Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Trying to write two in a row!

Yesterday went as planned, very well, in fact.  I enjoyed the fashion show although everything was very expensive form a boutique in Winter Haven.  Even though they have things from size 0 to 24W, and even though there were some gorgeous things, nothing was in my price range!

The book talk on Go Set a Watchman was also interesting, as they always are.  Then we had a wonderful rehearsal with 8 people at SOJC followed by Twistee Treat on the way home, compliments of Jonathan.  Ending the day with a cone from Twistee Treat can make even a bad day good.

This morning I am making chicken soup out of leftover bits from thighs that Mark deboned yesterday for a future recipe.  He kept putting so much good stuff off to the side to toss out that I finally had him just save it for soup today.  It's going to be delicious, and it's making the house smell fabulous right now.

I also left my Solivita badge on the table at the fashion show yesterday, but luckily my friend Sandy picked it up and called me yesterday.  I went over to her house this morning to retrieve it and enjoyed talking to her about plants in her front yard.  Mainscape was there and they were discussing things that had died and what could replace them.  It was kind of fun to listen to them for awhile.

At 3 p.m. I have one of the final three rehearsals for the Cove Singers Christmas concert.  My plan is to do half the songs today, the second half next time, and sing through the whole show on the final rehearsal.  We can also run through everything earlier on the day of the show, which is Dec. 17.  Tonight at 6 I have Guys and Dolls. Last week I auditioned for and got a small solo introducing the SSA song.  I will sing it at the Friday night concert.  It sounds easy but is deceptively difficult due to breath control rrequirements.  I have practiced it a lot this week.  Also in the small ensembles the whole thing has to be memorized and there are LOTS of words.  Oy.

Are you tired yet?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment