Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Restaurants are not my friend.

Yesterday was long but fun.  We had the NARFE Board Meeting followed by a ninety minute rehearsal followed by a quick shower and change of clothes followed by dinner and conversation.  All went perfectly.  I was tired when we got home about 11:15 and crawled into bed at midnight, but it was one of those days when everything was just so much fun!  Including the eating.

But nothing comes without a price, so I am up another pound and a half today to 277.8.

The Big Catch salad at Beef O'Brady's might have been as low as 475 because I had no dressing on it.  Breakfast was only the usual yogurt and Morningstar links for 200 calories.  That left a pretty good amount for dinner, but I went way over it.  I did one thing I said I would do, no alcohol.  The rest...poof!  Out the window.

The first thing I did wrong was eat two good-sized pieces of the delicious cornbread that Boatwright's is famous for and puts on the table right away, but  Mark and I also did one thing right.  We planned what our entree would be before we got there.  We ordered and shared the cheese board appetizer. We split one entree of Vegetarian Jambalaya, and each ordered the seasonal veggies as a side.  The cheese was great, but I ate all but one of the 8 pieces of crostini that came with it.  The veggies were a huge plate of perfectly prepared asparagus spears swimming in oil.  Then I ordered the raspberry sorbet for dessert. It was amazing and also huge!  Although we walked about 10 minutes after dinner, it was not enough to counteract the high calorie meal.  So I was not surprised by the scale this morning.

Today I have no particular plans other than going to the Shalom Club meeting tonight.  If I have any sense at all, I will go take a walk at some point in the indoor track.  Mark has a doctor's appointment at the endocrinologist.  I might go with him for that.

The next four days I will eat all my meals at home.  That's a good thing.  With any luck the weight gained yesterday and the day before will be gone by the end of the four days.  Maybe even a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment