Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Eating and eating and more....

Weigh-in Wednesday is BAD today, up SIX pounds, from 265.5 to 271.5.  All I can say is that I ate a lot, including candy.

We ate the hibachi dinner out with my Thursday mahj group, so that put me up a pound or two last Friday.  We had no other meals out, but we had Rosh Hashanah dinners Sunday and Monday nights that included a lot more food than usual.  It also included a lot of higher sodium foods than usual.  And both days I finished the round raisin challah myself within 24 hours except for the small pinch that Mark ate.  So I basically ate two entire challahs between Sunday night and Tuesday afternoon.  In addition, we bought Halloween candy at BJs on Sunday.  Mark will make his little chocolate bars last a year, literally.  He still has some left over from last year.  I, on the other hand, ate seven or eight pieces every day since Sunday when we brought it home.

Exercise?  Not at all.

So....I am not surprised that I'm up six.

Now we are facing Hurricane Matthew.  It is going to skirt the eastern coast of Florida, but the cone extends through our county.  In fact, we are literally on the Polk-Osceola county line.  Osceola is listed as a hurricane and we are listed as a tropical storm.  Who knows what will happen!  We are trying to decide if we should put those hurricane shutters up this afternoon.  It will start raining here by Thursday afternoon, but the brunt of the category FOUR hurricane will be overnight Thursday into Friday morning.  We cancelled our Friday morning appointments.  I still have a 3:15 p.m. mani/pedi scheduled for Friday afternoon, but if we lose power, then obviously I will not go.  My salon is in Osceola county, six miles east of us.

Anything can happen with this storm.  After our first rehearsal this morning for the fall play, Art, Mark will go shopping for any hurricane kit supplies that we might be lacking like more water, food, and batteries.  I am going out to fill up my car with gas and be sure my portable cell phone charger is charged up.  Other than that, it's just deciding about the shutters and then hunkering down tomorrow night.  I bet no one gets much sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment