Monday, October 17, 2016

I have sunk to new lows.

For at least the first 30 years of our marriage, Mark wore the same size pants, 30-36.  That is not an easy size to find in the stores, but I always either found it or ordered it.  He never went shopping for himself.

One day, I brought home a couple of pairs of new jeans to replace his threadbare ones.  They were the usually size, 30-36.  They did not fit!

I was shocked, but I decided to measure his waist.  Much to our surprise, it was 34!  Well, no wonder they didn't fit.

So, I went back to the store, returned the 30-36 jeans and exchanged them for size 34-36.

I took them back home, and he tried them on.  They did not fit!  They were way too long.

Eventually, we settled on 34-34, which fit perfectly, and he is still wearing that size today, more than a decade later.

They say that when a couple is married long enough they start to look alike.  We joked that I always dreamed that I would get taller and thinner, but instead, he got shorter and fatter.  LOL!

Well, now I have gotten even shorter!  Today was the first time I bought and wore PETITE size slacks.  I have always worn regular length at my usual 5'4" frame.  I know that about five or six years ago, I was told I was only 5'3".  Then one doctor actually measured me at 5'2", although I never say that's my height.  At any rate, my favorite pair of navy slacks, probably 30 years old, finally disintegrated a year ago.  It took me 9 months to get around to ordering a replacement, so I ordered a navy pair as well as a white pair.  Both were dragging on the ground, completely unwearable. I had also ordered a pair of capris and matching top.  The capris nearly reached my ankles and the top looked like a knee length dress.  YIKES.

So last week I ordered a pair of navy pants in petite and wore them for the first time today.  They fit perfectly.

Yes, I have sunk to a new low...petite length pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment