Friday, October 7, 2016

We are fine.

Around 11 p.m. last night Hurricane Matthew took a slight wobble to the east and kept the landfall off the coast.  It was close to the coast, so they are having some hurricane winds and lots of damage, but it meant that our area only received tropical storm level winds and rain.  And not even much of that.  It's pretty much over now for us, so I'm putting things back on the lanai.

It took Mark and me two, hot, sweaty hours to get those shutters up, and we probably didn't even need them up.  We have joked that because we put them, we saved our entire town from any damage! I admit that I'm not looking forward to putting them back because I am sure it will take at least as long to get them down and stowed away as to get them out and  installed.

We cleared the lanai of most things, as well, and had all our supplies and hurricane foods on the island in the kitchen.  I have put the food and supplies away for the next time.  Once I finish this blog, I am going to put the lanai back, too.

We are very glad we dodged this bullet.







No comments:

Post a Comment