Thursday, November 24, 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday today.  I certainly am.  I am spending the whole day at home, watching the Macy's Day Parade with Evey, Eric, and Mark, doing the annual family holiday present drawing with Evey, calling family members on the phone, and hosting dinner for the four of us and our friends Ed and Barbara W.  We have a traditional menu planned of roast turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, broccoli, and peas.  Ed and Barb are bringing an orange-cranberry relish and apple pie.  There is also pumpkin pie.  Our traditional Thanksgiving breakfast will be cinnamon rolls and Sara Lee Pecan Coffee Cake.  Lunch is a smorgasbord of six kinds of cheeses, salsa and chips, two kind of crackers, and fresh veggies with ranch dip.  YES, there will be a LOT of eating today, but isn't that part of this particular holiday?

Yesterday was also a wonderful day! We did everything I wrote about in yesterday's blog except that instead of pizza at the Bistro, we went to Citrus Garden for Chinese food followed by cones at Twistee Treat for dessert. Moana was a really great film that I'd recommend to all and would watch again and again.

I forgot to take my camera yesterday, so I only took pictures on the cell phone.  Unfortunately, I no longer know how to download the pictures from the iPhone to the computer to put on this blog.  Hopefully, sometime today Eric is going to show me how to do it.  Then maybe I can post some of the pictures tomorrow.

Tomorrow the kids leave, beating the holiday rush, which is very smart.  We don't have to go to the airport until noon, so at least I'll have them for the morning hours.  Today I am not going to think about them leaving tomorrow.  I'm just going to be thankful that they are here and enjoy every minute of this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment