Thursday, November 10, 2016

Post Election Stress

I couldn't write a blog yesterday.  I was too depressed.

We have a new president.  It wasn't mine.  I cried.

My candidate has lost before, but I never felt like this.  This person--I can't even bring myself to put that name in the blog--is not someone I can rally around.  I believe he is despicable, misogynistic, narcissistic, out of touch with the common person, a chronic and pathological liar, and a generally BAD person.  He will spend a good bit of his presidency in court as there are about 30 civil suits still pending against him for things he did before he was elected and several criminal cases as well.

I do not live in the country that I thought I did.  My country is apparently dead, so I wore black and mourned all day yesterday.

It's going to be a very long and stressful four years during which most of the strides forward in rights for women and minorities will all be undone.  That's a good reason to mourn.




No comments:

Post a Comment