Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Another week has flown by.

Let's start with the weight.  After all, that's the point of this blog.

This morning I weighed 287.  That is officially a 2.6 pound loss for the week.  Two pounds a week is always the goal, so I am content with that.

Unfortunately, it's still half a pound UP from March 29, before Passover happened!  But it's close.

The good news is that I logged in all my calories in the Lose It! app on my phone every single day for the week.  I made some effort to take a short walk three days and swam twice.  On Monday I actually did twenty minutes of water aerobics and 10 minutes of laps.  For my New Year's resolution this year I resolved to move more.  I didn't even bother to say lose weight.  I say that every year, but move more seemed like a good resolution and easier to do.  I figured if I did that then I probably would also lose some weight.  Another good thing I did was eat every meal at home except for one breakfast.  Even on the few days when we weren't home for lunch, we packed a lunch and ate it in the car or at the pool.  We did not buy any food out except Wednesday morning's breakfast last week.  That was at Denny's on the way to take Frank to the airport because the morning after Passover there is never any non-Passover food in the house.  Denny's has excellent nutritional data on their website, so it was easy to know the calories and compensate for that meal through the rest of the day.  We also took a good walk that afternoon.

My calories for the week were as follows:
Wednesday  1572
Thursday     1542
Friday         1583
Saturday     1578
Sunday        1511
Monday       1404
Tuesday       1514

I was very consistent all week in the calories.  The Lose It! app gave me 1649 calories per day at the 289.6 weight that I put in last Wednesday.  According to the program, I can lose two pounds per week eating that amount.  Guess it's right!

I just programmed today's weight, 287, and it deducted 27 calories from my daily amount.  Now I must have no more than 1642 a day.  If I eat at home and stick to similar amounts as this week, that's not a problem yet.  As the weight goes down, so does the daily calorie allotment.  Understandable.

This week I have to eat two lunches out.  Today is the first one.  I am going to an Italian restaurant with the Hadassah group. It's a prepaid, pre-planned menu that will include eggplant parmigiana.  I don't remember what else comes with it.  On Saturday we are eating lunch at Sea World with friends. We will be using our free pass holder meal deal, so we'll have either cheese pizza and watermelon or vegetarian chili and watermelon.  I don't think either will be too bad because there will also be miles and miles of walking that day.

Yesterday we saw the new Disney Nature film, Born in China, and then went to Hollywood Studios for three hours.  We saw a preview for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie and had a Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania, where Mark beat me for the first time ever.  Guess I was off my game yesterday.  LOL!

This morning I am heading out soon for my every six month check up with the medical oncologist.  I already got the blood work results back and they are excellent.  The tumor marker number is 18.  It must be lower than 38, so that's excellent.  All the other numbers were excellent, too, including the non-fasting blood glucose, which was 97.

Finally, we met the new family doctor, Dr. Dunn.  Mark had an appointment yesterday to discuss the odd headaches he started having in early March.  Every day it bothers him at least a few times.  He is now scheduled for a head CT scan next Thursday.  I'll put those results in the blog when we know them.

It's about to start a heat wave here, going above 90 degrees tomorrow and staying there for five straight days.  Not breaking records but certainly going to feel like summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment