Friday, April 28, 2017

Resisted temptation

I am down two more pounds since Wednesday's report, down to 285.  I had two more perfect days, Wednesday and Thursday.  My calories Wednesday were 1611 and Thursday were 1197.  There was no real exercise either day. Now that I've programmed my weight at 285, my daily calories are lowered to 1618.

The best thing I did was resist temptation last night.  I went to the synagogue Sisterhood event, Bunco.  There was a snack table with everything I love on it, including Twizzler's, every kind of chocolate candy in the fun sizes, Entenman's chocolate donuts, a huge chocolate cake, and even Moscato wine!  There was also a veggie tray of broccoli, carrots, and celery.  Originally, I thought I had better not even walk over to that snack table, but there was a long break between the first round of play and the second.  I had already said no to the wine because I figured I did not need to drink if I had to drive an hour home in the dark, so I made a decaf coffee in their Keurig machine instead.  Then I looked at everyone loading up plates of goodies, and I loaded up a plate ONLY of veggies!

Yay me for resisting temptation!

Seriously, that kind of situation is usually my downfall, so I was pleased that I actually felt in control.  It was a good feeling.

Wednesday I saw my medical oncologist and all was well.  I attended the luncheon at the Italian restaurant with the Hadassah group.  It was very hard to estimate those calories, but I guessed about 1,000.  There were garlic knots in a basket in front of me, and I ate two.  The lunch was eggplant parmesan and linguine in marinara sauce.  It was so delicious, and dessert was a bowl of sherbet with a cookie.  I did not resist eating two garlic knots, but I did resist eating a second bowl of sherbet even though it was offered to everyone.  That night we had an excellent choir rehearsal with a new soprano joining and the Rabbi attending the entire rehearsal to work with us.  That was awesome.

Thursday I played Mah Jongg and won only one game, but I had fun.  Then I did some chores in the house, worked a small jigsaw puzzle, and did some reading before heading out to play Bunco.

Today my cleaning lady comes, so Mark and I are heading out at 10 a.m. to go to water aerobics.  We are packing lunch to eat at the Cove.  Mark will work in the library from 1-4 like every Friday, and I plan to play Mah Jongg between 3-5 p.m. as I often do.  It's going to be in the mid to upper 90s today, possibly breaking records, so hanging out by the pool all day sounds like a marvelous plan! All of our meals will be at home or packed to take to the pool.  As long as there are no slip ups over-snacking at night, it should be another great day.

Tomorrow we are having lunch out at Sea World with friends Barb and Al.  I am not at all worried about it because of the miles and miles that will be walked before and after eating.  Also breakfast and dinner will be at home and controlled. There are no other times that I'll be eating out this week, so I think I'll be down more than these two pounds by the time I report it on Wednesday. Should be a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment