Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Two seders down. Four pounds up.

It's amazing how much weight I can gain and how quickly I can gain it.  It's also now Wednesday, so it's Weigh-in Wednesday.  This morning I was 290.5.  Horrifying.  Now that the seders are over, I really need to monitor what I am eating and get out for some more walks.

We invited one of my choir members, Wendy M., to join us for our seder last night.  She made it so much more festive than had it been just the three of us.  It went really long again.  The second one starts at 8:30 p.m., but she was late.  We didn't start until 9 p.m. and ended at 12:20 in the morning.  I was so exhausted that all I did was fall into bed.  I didn't even clear the table.  We got the food put away and then went right to sleep!  So much food in your stomach and then go to bed.  I'm sure that contributes to putting on weight quickly.  I will have to clean up when we get back from shul.

This morning we are heading off to shul soon for the second day services. Mark is reading haftarah today, so we have to get out earlier than yesterday.  Then we'll be going to a play reading tonight and even get a part!  In between we will just barely have time to eat a light lunch, clean the dining room and kitchen, make and eat dinner and get out of here to the play reading.  If we are very lucky, we can get a little nap, too.

We made plague plates for everybody, a food to eat for each plague after dipping out the bit of wine as you name the plague.  I put what food went with each plague in the previous blog if you need to go back and look, but there's a picture of a plate here with other pictures from the seder.

I hope everyone who might read this had wonderful seders.

Table set for first night.

Our friend Rudy brought us this mole cloth back from Panama because he saw the Jewish star on it.

Jonathan and Susan Shapiro with Frank Pearlman and Mark.

Mark with Susie and Ed Goldberg on the other side of the table.

I made the chocolate frogs and they came out pretty nicely.

The plague plate of food for each plague was a hit.  Each person had  a plate like this, although I accidentally took this picture before I put the tenth plague on it.

Second night with Frank, Mark, and Wendy.

I had Mark take a picture from his end of the table to prove that I was also there!  LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment