Saturday, April 29, 2017

Rewarded then Scolded.

I love it when I'm rewarded for good behavior.  This morning I am down almost another two pounds to 283.3.  I did water aerobics class for forty minutes in the morning.  I ate only the foods that I had programmed, although that did include a delicious Shabbat dinner with wine and challah.  I ate just about 1600 calories exactly.  Wonderful.  Still have another four pounds to go just to get back to January 1 before  all the cruising started, but I'm heading in the right direction finally.

I programmed my new weight into the phone app, so now my daily calorie allotment is 1607.  That should still be easily attained.  As it gets down into the 1500s and even the 1400s, it obviously will become a lot harder.  Hey, I lost the weight in 2009 by sticking to about 1200 calories a day virtually every day, so I know it can be done.

Today we skipped shul after all.  We are going to Publix to drop off a large bag full of expired medications, both OTC and prescription.  Apparently, this is a once a year nationwide push to get expired drugs out of homes.  Happy to oblige!  I was surprised how many there were actually.

Then off to Sea World to meet our friends for lunch.  We plan to see the new dolphin show while we are there.  I'm not sure what else we might do or when we will leave, but we are definitely eating dinner at home.

Yesterday afternoon I shared several articles about the current political situation on my Facebook newsfeed.  I try not to do it too often, but I just couldn't help myself yesterday sitting by the pool.  Sigh.  Flyn took exception to one of the articles and made a reply.  Well, if you read this and you are on Facebook, you know that if you  make a reply, you should expect to get one back.  She and I then went back and forth several times.  Two of my other friends chimed in briefly.  She is a Republican who voted for Trump.  I already knew that, so I know our ideas are not on the same track.  Sadly, I did not realize how far apart we are.  She thinks I'm out of touch with reality and have lived in a "rarefied" (her word) environment my whole life so that I don't know what's really going on in the world.  I think her University environment is far more rarefied than my 37 years in Baltimore county public schools, mostly black with high percentages of kids on free and reduced lunch.  Not sure that qualifies as a rarefied existence.  Whatever.  I'm for social programs and helping people.  She's for stopping them and having people work for everything they get.  I believe the best in people and that it's only a small percentage of people who scam the system and take welfare illegally.  She believes the opposite and thinks that people who take welfare are all cheaters.  She hates the Clintons and would not vote for Hillary because she read a book called Clinton Cash.  It was written by the senior editor-in-chief of Breitbart and was soundly panned as promoting mostly false information.  I hate the Clintons, too, and did not want to vote for her, but I could never bring myself to vote for a con man like Trump. Wow.  I just did not realize where she was coming from.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment