Sunday, April 9, 2017

Passover is coming.

I apologize for not writing a blog in nearly a week.  I had not even realized that I had let all that time slip by until this morning when I sat down to write this one.

It was a busy week full of meetings, rehearsals, get-togethers, and eating out.  My weight has fluctuated up and down during the week, but this morning I was 287, up one pound from the last report on March 29.  Knowing what I have eaten, I guess I should be happy with that.

And now Passover is going to start.  I never lose weight during that holiday. It's like being on a cruise on land, too much food and too little exercise!  The only time I did not gain during the holiday was the spring of 2009.  I had just gotten yelled at by the surgeon regarding my weight and his inability to fix my hernia until I lost it on the morning of the first seder!  I was scared, so I definitely ate less that holiday season.

Our friend Frank is flying in to Orlando this afternoon.  We will pick him up about 4 p.m.  Hopefully, I will  have the entire kitchen turned over to Passover before 2:30 this afternoon so that I can go to the airport with Mark.  If I don't, then Mark will go by himself.

We will have a seder for 7 tomorrow night and just the three of us the second night.  It should be fun. I enjoy the holiday and the foods once it gets started.  I just really hate the shopping and crazy stuff to do in advance to get ready for it.

And the expense.  I have often told people that we spend about $1,000 for one week's groceries. Non-Jews usually just do not believe me.  Well, I was wrong.  It's actually more like 9 days total, not just a week.  And it was OVER $1200 SO FAR.  We still have to stop to get more asparagus and a box of plastic cutlery today.

If you are reading this and celebrating Passover, I hope you have an enjoyable one full of great food and wonderful visits with friends and family.  I admit that I miss my kids more during this holiday than any other.  I really loved the holiday in 2014 when Evey and Lowell and their spouses were with us in Cindy's house for the first seder night.  Here are some pictures from that night.







1 comment:

  1. Tht's ok Reby. I always ejoyed your weight loss journey blog here.. always inspired me.

    regards,
    Richard
    https://go.nasa.gov/2oRdmDt

    ReplyDelete