Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mahj Morning

This morning I am teaching three new people how to play Mah Jongg.  I offered when I saw them post on the Nextdoor Solivita site that they were looking to learn.  I think it will be fun.  Then in the afternoon I  have a mani/pedi.

We had a wonderful time at School of Rock last night.  The show was amazing  We were in the nosebleed section, only three rows higher than us.  We were slightly off to stage right, but the show still looked great.  Ed had brought an extra pair of binoculars and loaned them to me. I really enjoyed using them periodically to see the people's faces up close.  I'm glad that most of our shows are Sunday matinees because we did't get home until after midnight!

It's a sad Weigh-inWednesday this morning.  I am 268.6, which is up a pound from last week and up ten from a month ago.  The holiday season has not been kind to me.  I have lost my control center, but maybe today I can find it again because all of our meals are at home today.

On Christmas Eve day, this past Sunday, we went to see The Last Jedi and then did the Chipmunk Xmas Tree Spree, a scavenger hunt to find stickers similar to the one with Stitch but this one was in the countries of Epcot's World Showcase.  Here are some pictures from that day.  At that point there are no more photos to post from our latest adventures.




Mexico was our first stop.

The pavilion had all new exhibits now related to the new Pixar movie, Coco, and the Day of the Dead celebrations.

One of dozens in a display of sugar skulls.


There's the wreath we were looking for.

So we got our first sticker in Mexico.

The Mariachi band performed songs from Coco.

The second wreath was in Norway.

I put the Norway sticker on.

As we came to the American pavilion the Candlelight Processional was starting.

It was too late for us to get a seat, but we stood in the back for awhile.

We really wanted to see and hear tonight's narrator, CCH Pounder, one of our favorite actresses currently on NCIS: New Orleans.

We also had time to watch the Canadian performers.


Canada was the last pavilion, so our stickers are complete.


We turned it in for a bag of buttons!

Bye Bye Stitch!  This year he is wearing a new hat.

Before we went home, we drove around Solivita to see the winners of the house decorating contest.  This is one of the houses that tied for first place.

This is the house that tied for first with the one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment