Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wonderful Two Days

I know I haven't blogged for two days, but I have been busy. Gee, I think you have all heard that excuse before, but it's TRUE!

On Friday I took Evey to Kohl's. She had a gift card and needed some shorts for the summer. We love that store! They always have such great sales and promotions that Evey got four pairs of shorts and a pair of knee-length khakis suitable for work sites. We saved more than we spent. Amazing.

Following that I had one of those special pleasures any mother of a daughter can appreciate; I took her wedding gown shopping! Yes, I did. It just doesn't get better than that. Of course, we weren't really in the market yet since they haven't set a date. The date will be over a year away, but she'll be in California, so the opportunities for shopping after June 4 are going to be few and far between. We drove over to the little local bridal shop on Main Street and just went on in. The owner was so gracious. She was swamped with people picking up prom dresses (oh, yeah, we totally forgot it was prom season!) and she had some brides with appointments coming in as well, yet she said go ahead and look and take things out of the bags, do whatever we wanted, leave a mess, whatever. They'd tidy up after us. In other words, they gave us free rein on the dresses. Wow. I want you to know we did tidy up after ourselves and hopefully put it all back as we found it.

I must say that seeing her face light up as she held up one very special gown was one of those magical motherhood moments!

We went out to lunch together and then visited a friend with a new baby. Wow, motherhood is awesome. I sat holding and feeding the one-month old baby for over an hour. It was a great feeling.

Yesterday I had a super busy day: Keter Shem Tov at Mishkan Torah, Senior French Horn recital of the son of our good friends followed by a dinner party in his honor at their home, then the Central Maryland Chorale spring concert. Mark and Evey came to my concert, so that made it extra special for me. I had not expected to sing with this group again, so that was wonderful. The song selection was very fun to do and I loved seeing my CMC friends again. It was amusing to put the size 32 dress onto my size 22 body, but since it had a sash to tie it in the back, Evey was able to cinch it in pretty far. The long sleeves were baggy and sort of clown-like, but I don't think anyone really noticed that.

This morning I was actually down two pounds, 212. I overate on Friday because of the lunch out at Red Robin. Yesterday I had to eat lunch and dinner out, but I guess I didn't do too badly. Today we are going to the Orioles game, but I always eat well there because Mark packs our own low-fat hot dogs to eat. Tonight he's taking me to Denny's for my regular tilapia dinner, but he's also letting me get a very special dessert treat because he got a free coupon for it. I will share it with Evey and Mark, so maybe it won't be too bad.

I hope everyone has a great day today. I'm in a very good mood, so I just want everyone else to have this great mood, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment