Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Still 212

I guess I'm in a maintenance phase, and I need to get out of it. Last week I was 213, so officially I lost a pound this week. Unofficially, I just took off the pound I had gained the week before that, so I'm the same as two weeks ago, maintenance. I never expected to maintain 212, but heck, it's better than maintaining 312, which I actually did for years.

Yesterday was so gloomy and dark and rainy that I felt tired all day. I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling. I did errands and worked for three hours on creating an internet contact list of snail mail addresses before going to a rehearsal. Hm...not a great day, but things got done. Today I have a few more errands to run, and if Evey is interested, we might go look at more wedding gowns. It's the last day that I have open to do that, so I hope we do.

Tonight is the holiday of Shavuot. At our synagogue we stay up all night studying so we can greet the dawn with a sunrise service before going home to sleep. It's quite disruptive to the system when you're not used to staying up all night. My mother spent over 20 years on nightshift work. I don't know how she did it! Traditional food for Shavuot (Hey! Jews have food for every occasion!) is dairy: blintzes, cheesecake, ice cream, bagels and cream cheese, etc. As we stay up studying, people put out potluck snacks throughout the night. We usually bring ice cream as our contribution. Last year at this time I was already on this diet, but I got through it pretty well, eating a little of all those things, but not much of anything. Maybe tonight and tomorrow will be the same. I'll try very hard to stay in control and report back later! Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment