Saturday, May 1, 2010

Green Thumb? Heck NO!

I have never had any luck with plants or gardening. I don't really like it, so I have never learned anything about it. My lack of knowledge really shows now. I just realized this morning (too little too late) that I planted the pink impatiens in the front yard in full sun and the yellow marigolds in the back in the full shade. DOH. If I had just done it the other way around, both plants would be happy. Now they'll probably both die. If I had just read the little stickers that came on the plants BEFORE I planted them instead of today while I was watering them, I could have told the gardener to plant them in the right place. If I had done the internet research that I did today BEFORE I planted or even bought the plants, things would have been better. If the contractor who did the landscaping was more knowledgeable about plants himself, he might have told me to put them in the opposite locations. If the lady at Home Depot who was selling me the plants had thought to ask about where I was going to put them, she might have given me a little more knowledge. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. No point in whining now; the damage is done. I just hope these plants survive through tomorrow's Open House!

No comments:

Post a Comment