Friday, March 27, 2015

Going to Lewes, Delaware

Today, after dropping Ken and Cindy off at the airport for their long weekend to San Antonio to celebrate Ken's 60th birthday, Mark and I are driving to Lewes, Delaware for two nights with Dave and Evey Herschler.  They live in a beautiful over 55 community, and they have invited us to be their guests this weekend.

Dave and Evey are producing a talent show for their residents tomorrow night, the first one ever at this community.  Somehow he talked Mark and our friend Jeff Rosen into being part of the show. I  had the good sense to decline.  I am just going to be an audience member, and I couldn't be happier about that!

This morning I cracked a new number on the scale, which was HIDEOUS.  I am now at the same point where I could not walk a block before my back hurt terribly or my hips felt like they didn't want to move anymore.  281.3.  Why?  Well, it might be a bit of sodium overage yesterday because I ate a lot of tortilla chips, lime flavored.  Yummy, but stupid.  I don't know what to say for myself.

Once I had lost the 100+ pounds, I told Evey that I felt young.  I thought about myself and said, "I don't know how I let myself get that out of control."  That's still a true thought, but here I am nearly back again to 300, only 14 pounds from the day on April 8 in 2009 in the surgeon's office when he yelled at me about weighing 295 and being too obese for surgery.  Here I am wondering how I got to this point.  Here I am wondering why I'm out of control.  I'm a binge-eater. I know that.  I guess it's a life long disease, like all addictions.

Evey once said I should go to counselling for this.  She has studied obesity and diabetes in depth as part of her master's degree in nutrition. I'm sure she's right.  In fact, I had never heard of BED, Binge Eating Disorder, until she told me about it.  At that point, I was in the 230s and feeling good about my weight loss.  I did not think I would need any counselling. I thought I had it under control.  Clearly, I don't.  Clearly, it's time to read about BED again.

Passover begins next Friday night.  We shopped for a lot of our special Passover foods yesterday. I found myself throwing four bags of potato chips and several boxes of other candies and cookies in the basket.  Do I need those things?  Absolutely not.  Will I eat them?  Absolutely will, unless I throw them out before then.  I am sometimes a scary and pathetic person when it comes to food.

Meanwhile, I am not taking the computer to Delaware today, so there will be no more blogs until next week.  I promise to weigh myself again Monday morning and report the weight. 

LOL!  I just started giggling, sitting here at the dining room table by myself.  LOL!  HaHa!  Tee Hee!  For some reason, the title of this blog just made me laugh.  Maybe I should change it soon.



1 comment:

  1. That is anything essentially many Minecraft: Pocketbook gamers are seeking due to the fact almost dating back to the actual game's initial discharge.In the end with this holding out, participant themes are now coming to the experience.There will be the alternative make use of you fiber Charlie plus a unexampled women default figure branded Alex.Combined with replacement for decide on female or male, avid gamers can also produce custom skin for his or her fiber. boost lol
    boosting lol

    ReplyDelete