Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Too busy to write

It's been six days since I wrote a blog.  I hadn't realized that until I logged in this morning.  Sorry about that to all my loyal readers.  Hm...I think that's Ellen and Robin!  Am I right?

Yesterday I didn't even report the weight because we ran out the door at 7 a.m. to do Epcot and Magic Kingdom.  We got home shortly after 11, totally exhausted, but happy.

OK, so with our company, Dave and Evey, here for a week, there has been a LOT of eating out.  Those of you who know me and read this blog regularly know that I do NOT do well in those situations.  My weight is 278.  That is significant to me because it essentially means that I have virtually undone my entire weight loss journey of 2009.  There is no point in pretending I'm dieting because I'm not.  There is no use pretending I'm still in the low 200s and feeling healthy and like a normal person, because I'm not. I've crossed all the lines that I drew in the sand and said I would never cross.  I'm now heavier than the the second time I went to Weight Watchers, back in 1989, and only 3 pounds less than the time I went to Weight Watchers the very first time back in 1985.  I'm only down 17 pounds from that day in 2009 in the surgeon's office when he said he would not do my hernia surgery because I was too fat.  Yes, I'm really THAT woman again.

Not whining.  Not making excuses.  Just reporting facts.

Now for the fun times.  Today we are all meeting up with Bob and Jane in Lakeland to see the Orioles take on the Detroit Tigers in the Tigers Spring Training stadium. It's the first Spring Training game of the season for the Os.  Mark and I plan to wear our matching Oriole shirts that came too late to wear last year.  We won't even see any of the big name players today except the pitcher.

The four of us had a BLAST at Epcot and Magic Kingdom.  Despite walking nearly 24 THOUSAND steps, over nine miles according to my phone app, I did not drop an ounce!  I didn't even think I was eating that much yesterday.  Hm...

Tomorrow I'll finally get Dave and Evey on an airboat ride and have a picture of them with the baby alligator up on my wall.  Then before you know it, we will be heading north for a month.  There are lots of fun times on the horizon.

Here are a few pictures of the past few days with Dave and Evey.

Saturday night we went to Port Orleans Riverside for dinner at Boatwright's.  Evey and I are waiting on the rockers for our reservation time.

On Sunday we went up to the Hall of Presidents in Clermont.


Evey was invited to attend a state dinner.

Dave, too, where he had the chance to tell President Kennedy a thing or two.

Mark is looking especially Presidential here.

This is the White House! 

Inside the White House, miniatures all built by hand.


Sitting at a President's desk, but I look like a secretary.

Me and my good buddy Barry O.  LOL!

Mark is Pres. Kennedy and Evey is being John-John.

Me and Mark with John, who along with his wife Jan, pictures below, have entirely created the White House and all its contents by hand over the last fifty years.

Jan said this White House was displayed many times in the Smithsonian with lines up to two hours long to walk by it.  It has also toured all fifty states over the years.

Next we took Dave and Evey to Fantasia Gardens for mini-golf.

The Herschlers had not gone mini-golfing in many years.

Mark had I swapped places this time over last Wednesday.  Last week Mark came in first and I came in dead last.  This time I was first and Mark was last!

We BOTH got a hole-in-one on this hole today.

The evening ended up at Raglan Road for drinks, dinner, and entertainment.


Monday we got to Epcot before it opened and were among the first to get on Spaceship Earth.

Flower and Garden Festival officially opens on March 4, so the beautiful flowers along the ponds are up already.

Mark had some fun at the Shootin' Gallery, as always.

In Country Bear Jamboree

Tiki Room

Dave and Evey waving up at us from their boat for Small World.

Watching the Castle show and the fireworks before shopping and heading home.  Long day.  Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment