Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday and Shopping

We had a great time visiting with Mark's former co-workers yesterday.  There were eight of us at the Longhorn Steakhouse in Bowie.  I know Mark really enjoyed the time to catch up with them.

For some reason going to the luncheon and doing a few errands on the way back just wore me out. I sat on the couch and slept two and a half straight hours from 3 to 5:30 yesterday afternoon.  Crazy.

When I woke up, I noticed the text from Cindy and Ken that they had landed.  It's a good thing her house is only a five minute drive to the airport.  We picked them up and then enjoyed their stories and pictures of their visit to San Antonio, the Alamo, and River Walk.  Someday Mark and I will definitely get there, too.

Yesterday I did no exercise, but I did make a small effort to eat better.  I was not entirely successful.  Here is what I ate:
Breakfast:  I ate my usual, which is a yogurt and 3 Morningstar links for 200 calories.

Lunch at Longhorn:  I ordered their low calorie option of grilled tilapia with mango salsa listed as 575 calories or less.  I swapped a plain baked potato for the rice and broccoli for the green beans, so I don't know if that made it more or less.

Dinner:  Mark made a lovely southwestern chicken dish with zucchini and corn from Diabetic Living.  It was about 300 calories along with a salad that had some Parmesan cheese in it.  Altogether dinner was about 450 calories.

Late night snacks:  Here's where I made some poor choices.  I had my usual banana for 110 calories, but I also had a small half cup of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream for 260 calories, a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for 150 calories, and an unknown amount of almonds eaten out of the bag for possibly as high as 500 calories.  Total snack calories could run as high as 1020, a ridiculous amount of snacking which basically ruins a good day.  Any ONE of those snacks would have been okay.  All three of the first without dipping into the almonds would even have been okay.

So my total for yesterday was in the neighborhood of 2275.  That's a good amount for staying the same usually, but I actually went down two pounds.  I weighed 279 this morning.  I am attributing it to the fact that 2275 is probably a LOT less than I had been eating and probably less sodium than I had been eating. 

Today we are going back to Seven Mile Market to shop for the rest of the Passover food, including picking up the charoset and brisket along with various other items that are still on the list.  I hope to include a short walk around the neighborhood today as well because it's going to go up to a whopping 63 degrees today.  That should feel positively balmy!  I will be eating all of my meals at home again today, and I promise to try harder to stay away from so many snacks tonight.  It would be lovely to have the total calories come in around 1500 today.  I'm sure that would drop another pound from me by tomorrow morning.  We shall see.  I shall report it tomorrow.

I'm getting pretty excited about the seder, too.  Evey and Eric arrive Thursday morning, so I'll have them for two and a half full days.  How cool is that?  How great will it be to have both kids and their spouses together at the same seder?  VERY GREAT!  VERY COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment