Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Car died.

It's always something!

I went to back my car out of the garage to load up for the trip, but it was dead as a doornail.

Mark predicted it because yesterday I took the car out to go the Minute Clinic and the sync system wouldn't make a call.  That's what happened to Mark's, and it burned out the battery.  As soon as I couldn't make that call yesterday, he said it would be dead the next day.  He was right.

I have a extended warranty MaxCare policy bought from CarMax when we got the car.  I am hoping that if I go up to CarMax next week, I can just get a whole new sync system installed.  In any case, we will now take Mark's car up to Maryland and take my car to CarMax next week.  Both of our cars have had this problem, but Mark's just got reset and it seems that the sync doesn't work but it doesn't discharge the battery anymore.  We have read about many incidents like this on the internet, and even the guy who fixed Mark's system said his wife's car had the same problem.  Seems like there should be a recall on this!

Meanwhile, I have lost that one pound from the cruise, so I'm back to where I was two weeks ago.  That's nice, although before Thanksgiving, I was ten pounds less than this.  That's the goal now, ten more pounds at least.  In two and a half weeks there is another cruise, lasting two weeks, followed by a six day trip to a resort in the Fort Lauderdale area.  I am hoping not to gain weight during those three weeks either!

I am not taking my computer this time to MD, so there will be no more blogs until Saturday night at the earliest.

Here are some pictures from the first two days of the cruise.

Inside cabin 11135

Beautiful LED chandelier hanging over Taste, one of the two main dining rooms.

Beatles cover band was the show the first night.

Looking at the beach at the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, where we will spend the afternoon.

Morning Bloody Mary for Mark.

Hope to see the "Beatles" perform in here later during the cruise.  

Gorgeous lobby in the British Colonial Hilton

View of the ships from the Hilton beach.



That night it was New Year's Eve.

Susie and me in the Manhattan dining room.



2018

No comments:

Post a Comment