Monday, January 29, 2018

Missed all my Mah Jongg

Mark and I had doctor's appointments this morning at the family doctor, Dr. Dunn.  Unfortunately, I had the time wrong for his appointment.  I put 10:15 for Mark and 11 a.m. for me, but it was 11:15 for Mark.  So we arrived at 9:50.  Oh, well....my mistake.  We waited.

Then it was 11 and I expected to get called.  Nope.  We got called back at 12:45 together. The doctor finally made it into the office shortly after 1 p.m.  We were annoyed, but it turned out the office had been inundated all morning with walk-in patients exhibiting flu symptoms.  Those of us with appointments got pushed aside.

Now we are worrying about all those people that had been in the waiting room with the flu for those hours.  UGH.

The appointment was all good, though.  Even though I was up 10 pounds since my last visit, she didn't notice or comment.  My BP was slightly elevated, which I attributed to being angry about the wait and missing both morning and afternoon Mahj, but she didn't notice or comment.  My A1C was normal, 5.6, so she's not testing it again for a year.  That's fine with me.  She is refilling all of my prescriptions, which is all I really wanted from her.  Mark is also fine and got his refills.

So most of the whole day was shot, but we are healthy.  I guess that's good news.

We got home at 2:30, starving for lunch, and at 3:30 we are going up to Mosaics for the book talk on Beowulf.  Such is life in Solivita.

Last night we attended the gala to honor our friend Marian from the synagogue for her volunteer work with Jewish Pavilion.  We signed up for a lot of silent auction items and won the Pink Bucket.  It included a beautiful necklace and matching earrings that I plan to give to my daughter-in-law.  It also had a little purse with a $20 bill in it, a $25 gift card to Bahama Breeze, some microwave popcorn, some chocolates, and a bottle of Chardonnay.  The BEST thing was that my name was drawn from the cards of people who put in to donate to Jewish Pavilion.  And I won...are you sitting down?....a gift card to a jeweler up in Lake Mary, Florida in the amount of $1,800.  YES, you read that right. one THOUSAND eight HUNDRED dollars!  I could hardly control myself to walk up and pick it up.  I never win anything!  Guess I can't say THAT anymore.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment